DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is... Ugh, Okay... Over The Moon - 5/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I hate fantasy booking but this is what I would like to see.   I'd keep Rollins as the fighting I.C. champion for a while,  he's massively over and there's no need to throw the Universal title on him just yet.  

So that leaves Braun.   In theory,  Braun should be the #1 contender for the Universal title as he just won the Greatest Royal Rumble.  So put him against Brock @ SummerSlam and put the belt on him already.  

While this is going on continue to have him and Lashley as a tag team.  Then after Lashley can turn on Braun because Lashley to me needs to be a heel.  Have Lashley bring in his MMA crew and run that as his character,  I didn't see much of Impact but I liked that look and Dan Lambert was good in his role it seemed.

Braun vs. Lashley @ Royal Rumble. 

Then they can build towards Braun vs. Roman @ WrestleMania and finally turn Roman.  Put the belt on him and have Braun chase him post-WrestleMania. 

• Like 1

Brock's contract, per Dave, runs out "before Summer Slam".  So, the logical thing would have been to have him lose it at MitB, but that's not happening either.  So, Extreme Balls of Fire (or whatever it's called) in July?  

28 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Brock's contract, per Dave, runs out "before Summer Slam".  So, the logical thing would have been to have him lose it at MitB, but that's not happening either.  So, Extreme Balls of Fire (or whatever it's called) in July?  

Great Balls of Fire 2: Why Does It Burn When I Pee?

with musical guests Dweezil & Ahmet Zappa

I remember finding Moon Unit Zappa really attractive after her appearance on Rock & Roll Jeopardy back in the late 90's-early 2000's.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I guess that's fine although they really should have had Brock drop it at SummerSlam as that will have the most eyes watching. 

• Like 1

Lashley was dull ten years ago and he's just as dull today. He's jacked though and Vince assumes he's made a name for himself outside of his company so he'll be spotlighted and pushed to the moon despite him still sucking in the ring and being boring as fuck, piggybacking off Braun's heat in the process.

I can't believe in 2018 with the amount of elite talent at their disposable Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal are propping up the mid card on wrestling's biggest weekly show 

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lashley was dull ten years ago and he's just as dull today. He's jacked though and Vince assumes he's made a name for himself outside of his company so he'll be spotlighted and pushed to the moon despite him still sucking in the ring and being boring as fuck, piggybacking off Braun's heat in the process.

I can't believe in 2018 with the amount of elite talent at their disposable Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal are propping up the mid card on wrestling's biggest weekly show 

Like Niners said he really needs to be a heel.  His heel work in TNA/Impact was wonderful and it allowed him to show a lot of personality.  If you haven't seen him there it's well worth checking out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Has Lashley even uttered a word since he returned?

Since you missed it last night, here's a lot of words. Maybe not good words. Maybe not productive words. But by gawd, words! 

I take it he won't suffer the same paper boy insults as Sami. Although that would give them a great option for a new theme song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember finding Moon Unit Zappa really attractive after her appearance on Rock & Roll Jeopardy back in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Dude holy shit me too, that's so oddly specific. I was too busy looking at her to make fun of Geoff Tate -- quite a feat

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Dude holy shit me too, that's so oddly specific. I was too busy looking at her to make fun of Geoff Tate -- quite a feat

Rock & Roll & Jeopardy was a cool show except for having Jeff Probst as the host.

That interview segment was really weird but I'm dying for Lashley to get his chance to shine and prove his haters wrong. So much more versatile than boring ass Braun and his powerslam. I wish the full 'press conference' segment with Lashley and EC3 from before BFG 2016 was available online, felt like his character peak and his all time best mic work at the time. All throughout 2016 into 2017, Lashley had so many good to great matches with a wide variety of opponents... even earlier this year his match with Sami Callihan was quite good.

• Like 2

Yeah.. I really can't think of anyone in the company that's as mean as Norton. Everyone is just rather soft ehen you compare them to the physical viciousness of Flash Norton.

You could make an argument for Lars... but he's too erudite and reminds me of a modern day Gorilla.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Great Balls of Fire 2: Why Does It Burn When I Pee?

with musical guests Dweezil & Ahmet Zappa

Dweezil and Ahmet have more heat between them than anybody in the wrestling business. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

IWhile this is going on continue to have him and Lashley as a tag team.  Then after Lashley can turn on Braun because Lashley to me needs to be a heel.  Have Lashley bring in his MMA crew and run that as his character,  I didn't see much of Impact but I liked that look and Dan Lambert was good in his role it seemed.

Lambert was fucking unbearable. After a few weeks of him, I just stopped recording Impact until I knew for sure he was gone and not coming back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Lambert was fucking unbearable. After a few weeks of him, I just stopped recording Impact until I knew for sure he was gone and not coming back. 

I only saw a couple YouTube vids and he seemed ok.  Glad I didn't give it a chance :lol: