DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is... Ugh, Okay... Over The Moon - 5/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, Rows said:

I was a tad too busy wondering why the heel stable in a no-dq match didn't bother to interfere until near the end. 

I always rationalize it as all superstars are super competitive and want to win by themselves even if they have a stable with them.

So in this case Ruby told her Squad to not interfere unless she needed the help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The in-ring work was pretty good tonight.  Braun vs. K.O. was solid, I love Braun's running shoulder blocks.   Owens was bumping like crazy.  

Ember vs. Sasha vs. Ruby was solid.  I feel that all 3 of them should be in the MITB match.  I could have done without all the interference.  

Rollins vs. Mojo was probably Mojo's best singles match of his career.  

The booking is still what it is.   Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns huh.  That's gonna put a lot of butts in the seats.  

It’d be like the League of Nations with woth 0 good workers

4 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I always rationalize it as all superstars are super competitive and want to win by themselves even if they have a stable with them.

So in this case Ruby told her Squad to not interfere unless she needed the help

This guy right here!

*high five*

Also I'm down with Roman v Jinder.  Roman can work and Jinder is perfectly fine as a midcard heel that flirts with the main event. To me he is just Randy Orton without the 'cool' finishing move. The matches should be good and the promos will (hopefully) be B movie stuff.

I wonder if Jinder will tell us all that he wants to go back in time and hit the Khallas on Jesus...

So in three hours they never showed or really referred to the Women's champion once, right?  Or did I miss something?

Greatest dumbest part of the night was Zack Ryder asking Kurt Angle for a match to get into the MITB, Jinder interrupting and Angle telling him no using Ryder's catchphrase and Ryder going "That was awesome" and COMPLETELY forgetting that Angle never even answered him much less granting his request.  I picture Ryder getting home tonight and going "Something I was supposed to do...oh God DAMMIT!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Watched this show live for once. I normally catch the abridged version on Hulu. 

Owens looked really good against Braun. Braun runs throw nearly everyone and Owens stood up to him and proved to be a challenge. Thought that was really good.

Thought No Way Jose and Titus Worldwide vs Baron Corbin and the Revival was a fun random mid card trios. impartial to those.

Women"s Three Way was really good. That was giving a lot of time and all 3 busted their asses. Good for them. Ember Moon deserves a push. Im rooting for her to walk out with the briefcase.

Lashley is getting a World Title run this time around I think.

Elias vs Roode was cool too. They had a really good match.

I agree with Niners Fan that has to be Mojo's best singles match. Rollins is on fire as of late. Dude is in the zone right now. They got a hot act who is going out there and having and bringing the best out of everyone he is in the ring with. The Intercontinental Championship has a renewed importance I love it.

Men's Three Way was good, really good for the most part (Reigns vs Mahal, really?). My favorite spot was the HUGE babyface reaction Zayn and Balor got double teaming in Reigns. Zayn and Balor got alot of time together having a mini match. I want to see the real deal now. 

The rest of the show was there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So what were the dummies in the crowd doing during the women’s match? 

Supposedly a guy proposed to his girlfriend. (Though some people said that was during Jinder’s match)

There was also folks saying there was a beach ball going around at one point too

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Man...Roman vs. Jinder. What did we do to deserve that?

800px-Ron_Killings_&_Vince_McMahon_laugh

"Ron... god damn pal you gotta hear this. I'm making them put Roman vs Jinder into a program with each other! The god damn internet wlil HATE IT!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So on the SD side there is plenty of stuff being built towards.

What's happening on the RAW side? What's the long term goal here?

Some sort of Braun/Lashley feud, whilst everyone else literally spins their wheels trading wins. Roman, Jinder, Roode, Elias, Owens, Zayn, Finn, Rollins. Meh.

What's the plan for SummerSlam? I'm assuming Strowman beating Lesnar, Lashley cashing in, and some sort of fuckery from there?

Jinder, the guy who got cheered for interfering, is going to get fans to cheer Roman?

I mean, I doubt it, but we'll see. 

There was one thing that started to stop all the Roman hate and that waa his run as US champ. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jinder, the guy who got cheered for interfering, is going to get fans to cheer Roman?

I mean, I doubt it, but we'll see. 

There was one thing that started to stop all the Roman hate and that waa his run as US champ. 

He got cheered stopping Roman from beating Zayn and Balor. No ones going to cheer Jinder over Roman in a feud. 

I found that Renee/Lashley interview.... odd..?  Like, she would ask him a question and he would just go on and on and on and on while she sat there awkwardly. I’m not sure where this is leading but that just felt way over-the-top and unnatural to me.

Also, was it just me or was the crowd WAY more visible lighting-wise this week? Seemed like this led to more crowd shenanigans because people realized they could see themselves on camera more than just the usual first 4 rows or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caley said:

So in three hours they never showed or really referred to the Women's champion once, right?  Or did I miss something?

She was absent completely. Its like they booked the angle up until "Nia wins the belt at Mania" and then forgot what to do next.

I'm glad WOR picked up on what they're trying with Roman in that they're again going back to the well of making Roman look like a sympathetic underdog babyface who is held down by the machine because he isn't the favored son. WOR brought up how they're just copying the Daniel Bryan angle, but this all feels more like what was happening with CM Punk.

In any event, this shit doesn't work. I wish I could ever understand their logic of having a big, brooding, whiny Samoan who gets multiple title opportunities and who even has the last match on PPVs even though it's not a title match is an underdog who WWE wants to hold down. Like, this shit isn't working. There isn't anything wrong with Roman's promo if it wasn't so transparently bullshit. His delivery was fine. Hell, even the content was fine, but the context and reality of the situation makes it look like garbage.

I've been beaten down to the point where I just kinda accept that Roman is the guy, but I wish they'd just take a different approach to having him be the top guy. They don't even have to turn him heel. This guy should be winning the title at WM over Brock and not losing to him and losing badly. This guy shouldn't be getting punked out on Raw, save that for smaller guys. Instead he just looks like a dork and is saying stuff that a heel would say except they're never going to turn him heel. It's the weirdest booking I can ever think of.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rows said:

She was absent completely. Its like they booked the angle up until "Nia wins the belt at Mania" and then forgot what to do next.

To be fair - if you watched the PPV you would have no idea there were tag champs on either brand.

Plus - if Alexa is truly hurt - I am guessing they just decided to not doing anything with Nia since they couldn't continue the program with Alexa

Coach is absolutely the worst. He never shuts up and he constantly tries to sound like an authority for what he's speaking on, but over the last couple months he doesn't sound any more educated to what's going on in WWE. It's frustrating to listen to. I wasn't the biggest fan of Booker T, but I would take him over Coach any day of the week. Hell, I'd take Saxton being a punching bag for Corey on both shows.

I would even take Percy as the third man on Raw over Coach and Percy is...well...he tries hard.

• Like 1

I'm still confused ... so is Bo & Axel's new team name Stay Tuned? 

Because a gimmick based off the 1992 movie where they change gimmicks every week having just been zapped back from a different TV shows sounds pretty amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm glad WOR picked up on what they're trying with Roman in that they're again going back to the well of making Roman look like a sympathetic underdog babyface who is held down by the machine because he isn't the favored son. WOR brought up how they're just copying the Daniel Bryan angle, but this all feels more like what was happening with CM Punk.

In any event, this shit doesn't work. I wish I could ever understand their logic of having a big, brooding, whiny Samoan who gets multiple title opportunities and who even has the last match on PPVs even though it's not a title match is an underdog who WWE wants to hold down. Like, this shit isn't working. There isn't anything wrong with Roman's promo if it wasn't so transparently bullshit. His delivery was fine. Hell, even the content was fine, but the context and reality of the situation makes it look like garbage.

I've been beaten down to the point where I just kinda accept that Roman is the guy, but I wish they'd just take a different approach to having him be the top guy. They don't even have to turn him heel. This guy should be winning the title at WM over Brock and not losing to him and losing badly. This guy shouldn't be getting punked out on Raw, save that for smaller guys. Instead he just looks like a dork and is saying stuff that a heel would say except they're never going to turn him heel. It's the weirdest booking I can ever think of.

They want him as the "top guy' yet they won't just put the damn belt on him and let him have a title run for 6-7 months, so everything feels like a waste until they get there. We have RAW and PPVs booked around him but he's constantly failing at winning the title. We are coming up on 2 years since he was last world champ, which was right before they split brands.