DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2018

Raziel

Kenny takes Fall 1. Okada takes Fall 2. Fall 3 ends in a double count-out just to piss everyone off for their 2 hour Iron Man match at WK. That'll end in a draw too. Kenny and Okada will sign with Impact the next day.

• Haha 1

I'm checking out because I don't want to fade in and out of consciousness for the last two matches. Probably going to rewatch most of the show because I'm exhausted. Show definitely has a feeling of being a bit rushed. 

Fuck off Michael Elgin tho. 

• Like 1

That was an epic match, the show was really good. Undercard felt rushed and they should have just cut the opening match and 3 way match. Would have made for a better show. It really felt like they were trying to stack the deck for cow palace, maybe a little too much to me. But the story can change again. Anyway, I’m tired. 

Only saw the main event, and I missed the first 2-3 mins of it, but right now my hot take is that it's the best 2/3 falls title match I've ever seen, surpassing Flair/Steamboat, with equal quality wrestling, and better emotion/story.   I got the feels watching it, which is very, very rare for this bitter old man.

• Like 3

Timed NJPW Dominion 2018 right watching the two wrestling matches I wanted to see most: Kazuchika Okada © vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Title and Tetsuya Naito © vs. Chris Jericho for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. Both delivered. This was the first of the four Okada/Omega matches I watched live. My initial reaction is that it was the best of them. I’d rank them: 4, 1, 3 and 2.

Okada/Omega IV didn't drag for me like II did. When I think about this match, it's the pacing, Omega using a Styles Clash and Omega countering a Rainmaker to a One Winged Angel with Okada selling like he was out of it and he was. This set up the match ending One Winged Angel. Nobody has truly licked out of it, the ones who have needed to be near the ropes to break the count.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alstein said:

Only saw the main event, and I missed the first 2-3 mins of it, but right now my hot take is that it's the best 2/3 falls title match I've ever seen, surpassing Flair/Steamboat, with equal quality wrestling, and better emotion/story.   I got the feels watching it, which is very, very rare for this bitter old man.

I still have Steamboat/Flair 2-3 Falls as the best match using that stipulation. It's one of my favourite gimmick matches.

• Like 1