DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Something for @J.T. - I saw that the Expanse Twitter feed was begging people to help save the show

Yes, viewership is dropping off.  I have signed like five petitions and have sent an e-mail to Syfy.

I figured that the show would probably get cancelled before they got to the Abaddon's Gate storyline.

If it gets cancelled, I hope Netflix picks it up so that I have something to watch opposite of Altered Carbon.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Passage

I am not sure why Mark-Paul Gosselaar would trust himself to be picked up by FOX again but here ya go

I read 2 of the 3 books this is based on, and....this looks nothing like those books.

A Million Little Things

ABC's answer to This Is Us.

I kinda hate that I am at the point where I knew 2 seconds in what was going to happen with Ron Livingston

ABC FALL 2018 – 2019 SCHEDULE
(Shows picked up to series but not listed on the schedule below will debut later in the 2018-19 season. All times listed are Eastern/Pacific).

MONDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars”
10:00 p.m. “The Good Doctor”

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Roseanne”
8:30 p.m. “The Kids Are Alright”
9:00 p.m. “black-ish”
9:30 p.m. “Splitting Up Together”
10:00 p.m. “The Rookie”

WEDNESDAY:
8:00 p.m. “The Goldbergs”
8:30 p.m. “American Housewife” (new time)
9:00 p.m. “Modern Family”
9:30 p.m. “Single Parents”
10:00 p.m. “A Million Little Things”

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy”
9:00 p.m. “Station 19”
10:00 p.m. “How to Get Away with Murder”

FRIDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Fresh Off the Boat” (new day and time)
8:30 p.m. “Speechless” (new day and time)
9:00 p.m. “Child Support” (new time)
10:00 p.m. “20/20”

SATURDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Saturday Night Football”

SUNDAY:
7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos”
8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars: Juniors”
9:00 p.m. “Shark Tank”
10:00 p.m. “The Alec Baldwin Show” (new title)

The Kids Are Alright

There are like 5 shows crammed into one here

I grew up with A LOT of Irish Catholic families - none of them had all boys.

Stupid Hollywood

If The Rookie plays it as straight as that trailer indicates, Nathan Fillion is going to be miscast.  

I'm not sure if I really want to see him in another show.  Some of the stuff I've read about his off-screen dustups with Stana Katic on Castle make him sound like an enormous prick.

12 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

If The Rookie plays it as straight as that trailer indicates, Nathan Fillion is going to be miscast.  

I'm not sure if I really want to see him in another show.  Some of the stuff I've read about his off-screen dustups with Stana Katic on Castle make him sound like an enormous prick.

Speaking of which

Here is the full trailer

10 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Well, that is 'surprisingly', though, since she wasn't on TWD until season 2.

I know she was on Walking Dead.  If she joined the show in season 2, I've never actually seen her in an episode.  I don't remember who was on the show in S1 or what they did.  I remember Ric was the focal point character, Sarah Wayne Callies played Rick's wife or something.  There was a weasly guy named Shane who was Rick's partner or somesuch.  There may have been an old guy with a beard.  I think the exotic looking black woman with the sword showed up in the finale?

Honestly, I probably know she was on Walking Dead because Cohan was on the cover of a couple fitness magazines my wife left laying around for like a year, and the covers identified her as "Lauren Cohan of the Walking Dead.:"