DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

29 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anyone who has a cult hit that was cancellled before its time should really be trying to catch this money train before it dries up. It’s never going to be this ripe again. 

So there's hope for John Doe, Season 2?

48 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anyone who has a cult hit that was cancellled before its time should really be trying to catch this money train before it dries up. It’s never going to be this ripe again. 

Time for the Adventures of Brisco County the 3rd. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Shhhhhh. you'll rile up the Firefly fans

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Get. The. Band. Back. To. Get. Her

MV5BMWQyN2NkY2MtZGI2MC00YjEyLTkzMjgtMTVj

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Get. The. Band. Back. To. Get. Her

MV5BMWQyN2NkY2MtZGI2MC00YjEyLTkzMjgtMTVj

Oh my God, have you not seen Dana Carvey's Netflix special?  You might as well ask for NBC to bring back Late Night with David Letterman.  I get who the writers were, those days are OVER.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

At the time, I thought Brisco County would have a pretty good run, and that show after it wouldn't last a season.

The X-Files was the show on after it. Oops.

The show didn't work for me by season'e end, but I still think the pilot is outstanding.

3 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

At the time, I thought Brisco County would have a pretty good run, and that show after it wouldn't last a season.

The X-Files was the show on after it. Oops.

The show didn't work for me by season'e end, but I still think the pilot is outstanding.

I said the same time at the time.

I think Brisco was hit and miss, but a lot of the mythology episodes were good, as were most of the shows with Kelly Rutherford. 

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Roseanne cancelled after her racist tweet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44294632

Racism and discrimination is wrong. 

They should've just fired Barr, killed Roseanne off in the show, and had Dan's sister move in to help cope and deal with the kids.

I'm sure Sandy Duncan isn't doing anything these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'd be all over that. Bruce Campbell tweeted this at the start of the year and I immediately got excited at the hint of a Brisco County Jr reboot 

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

They should've just fired Barr, killed Roseanne off in the show, and had Dan's sister move in to help cope and deal with the kids.

I'm sure Sandy Duncan isn't doing anything these days.

Yeah, once you name the show Roseanne it is hard to not have Roseanne on the show.  The thing about this is we all knew Roseanne was a racist ass before yesterday, and they kept her around...why'd we have to wait for her to actually be racist to fire her?  If I'm a known arsonist I'm not getting hired in a lumber yard.  They hired a woman who dressed up as Hitler and ate burnt ass "Jew" cookies, and didn't think she'd eventually do something racist?  They don't get credit for firing someone for being a racist, when they hired a known racist in the first damn place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

“We just don’t set the bar, we ARE the Barrs!”

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'd be all over that. Bruce Campbell tweeted this at the start of the year and I immediately got excited at the hint of a Brisco County Jr reboot 

God, all I remember about that show was the constant pimping during Nitro. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

God, all I remember about that show was the constant pimping during Nitro. 

Oh man, that reminds me of when they did that twenty minute overrun of a big main event on Nitro during commercial breaks of TNT's Robin Hood show to pump up their numbers. 

• Like 1

Arrested Development's new season is fine, but the show's just not as light on its feet as it used to be. Many scenes go on a beat or two too long. And while the show is benefitting from not using the same format as the original fourth season, it's still obvious they're working around a lot of very tight schedules. 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Arrested Development's new season is fine, but the show's just not as light on its feet as it used to be. Many scenes go on a beat or two too long. And while the show is benefitting from not using the same format as the original fourth season, it's still obvious they're working around a lot of very tight schedules. 

Did you re-watch the 4th season? I was tempted to, but haven't because I thought it might be a bit of a chore. I suppose if I'm ever bored I'll watch the re-cut 4th season.

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I think its basically one of those shows where you can't go home again. Its a shame there's only 50 odd episodes in the original three seasons, but in these sequel seasons they haven't been able to recapture what made it special.