DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I just have so little trust in a good Batman tv show. On on the other hand I'm all for a show focused on Alfred before he became a butler.

Will it focus on his time in the OSS? 

On 5/15/2018 at 7:26 PM, Contentious C said:

Yeah, that's not season 1, that's season 2. Season 1 was only 6 episodes anyway.

Hmm, maybe I did watch season 2.  Dunno.  In any case, haven't watched the show in years.  Seems like i may have watched more than 6 eps.  Did season 2 end with them going to some sort of government bunker/secret research facility?  That's the last thing i remember plot-wise. 

That Rei trailer should be burned with fire.  And why is every scene in the trailer badly lit?  Did his wife take the light bulbs too when she left?

I really enjoyed the New Girl finale. This final season was a bit hit and miss, but I was happy that we got these 8 episodes. Things honestly almost got a little dusty knocking out the final two episodes last night. Also, the final moment with Tran was a huge laugh from me. I will honestly miss spending time with these characters. There will be a summer where I get oddly nostalgic and binge-watch both this and How I Met Your Mother.

I will probably play True American at some point this year.

• Like 2

Has anyone else been watching Deep State starring Mark Strong? It walks a fine line between a John le Carre spy novel and the action of 24. I'm behind a couple of weeks but have been really enjoying it

55 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How about we open with The Silmarillion and center it on a young Elrond?

How about we do Elric of Melnibone and forget the JRRT stuff entirely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I really enjoyed the New Girl finale. This final season was a bit hit and miss, but I was happy that we got these 8 episodes. Things honestly almost got a little dusty knocking out the final two episodes last night. Also, the final moment with Tran was a huge laugh from me. I will honestly miss spending time with these characters. There will be a summer where I get oddly nostalgic and binge-watch both this and How I Met Your Mother.

I will probably play True American at some point this year.

One thing my wife and I have said I don't know how many times is that we wish New Girl came along 15 years earlier than it did, when we were young enough that we still drank enough(and often enough) to play True American a few times.  A kid and being around 40 has pretty killed any chance we'll ever get to play that, but it sure as hell seemed like something we'd have done in our 20's.

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

How about we do Elric of Melnibone and forget the JRRT stuff entirely?

Please don't make me start ranting....

I've been listening to my The Sailor On The Seas of Fate audiobook in my car on my way to work for the past few days now.

• Like 1

We talked about it in the Star Wars thread about how it would be refreshing to do something that wasn't so focused on the Skywalker family or the Empire/First Order vs Republic/Resistance.

Is there a reason why we can't have side stories set on Middle Earth? Or maybe not even side stories, but why does so much need to revolve around the folks on their quest in the Hobbit or the folks on their quest in LotR?

59 minutes ago, gatling said:

One thing my wife and I have said I don't know how many times is that we wish New Girl came along 15 years earlier than it did, when we were young enough that we still drank enough(and often enough) to play True American a few times.  A kid and being around 40 has pretty killed any chance we'll ever get to play that, but it sure as hell seemed like something we'd have done in our 20's.

I'm in my early 30s and it sounds like an awful idea, but apparently a few of my friends have done it.

Even Hulu is terrible about it.  I will say skip the last 4 episodes of this season, but pretty much anything else you can find is good.  The only real continuity is they had a baby last season and got a dog this season. (also, Zoey was away most of this season at college.

So it's kinda like Modern Family, where each episode is self-contained for the most part? I can just pop in on a random episode and watch it? I usually prefer to watch entire seasons, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about Blackish and I've always been curious.