DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

You know - if all the people complaining about Brooklyn Nine-Nine being cancelled actually watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Brooklyn Nine-Nine wouldn't have been cancelled

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

The Mick was the only one of the Fox shows I watched and I'm upset about the cancellation because it was on a cliffhanger. I thought it was as good if not better than the last few seasons of It's Always Sunny. It was a great showcase for Kaitlin Olson, who I've thought has been one of the most underrated comedians on television for years, and the supporting cast were all great in their own ways as well. I was surprised at how dark it was for a network sitcom, and Kaitlin nailed the more serious scenes when the show took a dramatic turn. I hope she at least gets another chance to be the lead in something.

• Like 1

If a TV show is on Fox, don't get attached. Ever. If no one has learned this by now then I don't know what to say. What's weird are the shows that wind up being the exception to that rule, like Fringe. How Fringe was allowed to run as long as it did and even be given a final season to wrap things up is beyond me. I'm glad it did because I really liked it, I just don't know how it happened.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

If a TV show is on Fox, don't get attached. Ever. If no one has learned this by now then I don't know what to say. What's weird are the shows that wind up being the exception to that rule, like Fringe. How Fringe was allowed to run as long as it did and even be given a final season to wrap things up is beyond me. I'm glad it did because I really liked it, I just don't know how it happened.

On the same tip, I was shocked that Fox renewed The Exorcist for a second season. 

15 minutes ago, Victator said:

Facebook says Fox ordered a new season of Last Man Standing? 

Fox thinks people are watching Roseanne because it is allegedly conservative?

They likely find it difficult to act on the other(more real) message coming from Roseanne, which is that these rebooted sitcoms have large potential audiences.

Fox probably can’t wait until Ed O’Neil has more free time. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

They likely find it difficult to act on the other(more real) message coming from Roseanne, which is that these rebooted sitcoms have large potential audiences.

Fox probably can’t wait until Ed O’Neil has more free time. 

They were trying to get King Of The Hill back. 

Oh I would make whatever accidents happen on the Modern Family set to get a proper Married With Children finale. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

The irony being I thought that Fringe's final season was superflous and pretty shitty myself. They seemed to wrap it up pretty well with the Walternate stuff the season before. . . .

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Hulu and Netflix have passed on reviving Brooklyn Nine Nine. Looks like TBS is the last hope, but that's a long shot apparently.

The current season likely ends with Jake and Amy’s wedding. If it has to end, that’s probably as good a place as any. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Hulu and Netflix have passed on reviving Brooklyn Nine Nine. Looks like TBS is the last hope, but that's a long shot apparently.

How’s it a long shot though? They syndicate the show already. What’s stopping them from hosting that and Last Man On Earth? Those would be perfect fits for TBS. 

On 5/5/2018 at 5:48 PM, Victator said:

This reminds me, is Amazon Prime worth getting. I tried it once and the interface on PS3 was shit. Especially with the element of shows you were expected to pay for even with a subscription. 

My girlfriend and I enjoyed Man In The High Castle, and we've got a couple of their other shows in the watchlist to binge (Comrade Detective and Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams) and they have a western series in the works that Schwarzenegger is gonna star in. Plus, if you're a Doctor Who fan amazon is the only place you can stream it online. You could always just sign up for the $12.99 per month membership, binge the stuff you wanna watch then cancel it. Depending on which room of the house we're in we use it on either an Xbox One or Roku and both of those interfaces are alright. 

2 hours ago, EVA said:

NBC has picked up NINE-NINE.

I'm happy that NBC likes being in the Mike Schur business.

At the very least, they were cool about letting P&R get closure. 

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Plenty of old TV on Amazon Prime, if you prefer that on new shows. All the Treks are on Prime, as is Mission Impossible . 

Aren't you Canadian? We already have all the Treks on Netflix.