DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] MAY 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Sonya is the only one with an MMA fighter gimmick. With Shayna and Ronda its more their background than purely what they are. Shayna has evolved into a bully who wants to terrorize her division. We are still a bit too early in to really know what Ronda is other than that she will tear your arm off and beat you with it if you piss her off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

We are still a bit too early in to really know what Ronda is other than that she will tear your arm off and beat you with it if you piss her off.

Female Eugene works pretty well for Ronda. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

The WWE Women's Division is going to turn into UWFi 2K19.

NJPW vs. UWFi was actually where I was thinking they could go.

• Like 1

I was gonna suggest they appropriate  The Shoot Nation stable gimmick from the guys (since they never really officially used them on TV)... but the  timing would be terrible given the current climate.

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

See, my only problem with the rest of the HW now being in NXT is what gimmick do you give them?   

Because we already have 3 "MMA fighter" gimmicks, we certainly do not need 5.   All in all, it's a good problem to have, but also one that can hurt your overall goals.   

At some point, they're probably going to need to change Sonya's gimmick, since they keep signing actually credible fighters.

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

At some point, they're probably going to need to change Sonya's gimmick, since they keep signing actually credible fighters.

They need to be giving her a stronger overall character where being an MMA fighter is just a part of her background opposed to who and what she is. That was needed even before Rousey and co. showed up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing this is taping through NXT Chicago?  

Believe so. I think next Taping is June 21, the Thursday after Chicago’s Takeover.

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Believe so. I think next Taping is June 21, the Thursday after Chicago’s Takeover.

Correct - I am assuming they will tape 6 weeks (3 each night) and that would get them through June 20

Otherwise they are going to do 5 weeks and then tape a week before Takeover

While we’re talking tapings, I just realized I’m going to be in Orlando for work from June 19-22.

For those of you who have attended tapings before: the NXT tickets site has the June 21st show sold out already but do they ever release extras day of show? Is there a secondary market like Stubhub normally for Full Sail tapings? I’ve done Florida house shows before but would love to take in a taping. 

They sometimes release tickets at the ticket office before the show. They did it today for like $5.

Spoilers for takeover

the top matches are:

Alister black vs Lars Sullivan for the NXT title

Nikki cross vs Shayna bayzler for the NXT women's title. Might be a three-way with Dakota.

Johnny gargano vs ciampa in a street fight

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Can we just have him tag along with Ricochet for his first 6 months or somehow convince Neville to come back?  I'm sure this guy is going to have all the crazy high flying spots, but he's going to need someone to help contextualize his athleticism.  

The card for NXT’s June 11th house show in Paris has been announced:
NXT Champion Aleister Black defending against Lars Sullivan
NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler defending against Nikki Cross
Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch & Pete Dunne vs. The Undisputed Era
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream
Dakota Kai & Steffanie Newell vs. Lacey Evans & Bianca Belair
Tyler Bate vs. Zack Gibson
Heavy Machinery vs. Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler

Living in Houston, I feel like we have been spoiled by NXT.  This Sunday is our fifth NXT show, and so far, we have been treated to two different Revival versus DIY matches (one of which was a dress rehearsal for their Brooklyn Takeover match, and the other a southern-style tag team match with two heat segments); as well as a post-draft farewell ceremony for Finn, Nia and Mojo; Velveteen Dream vs Aleister Black; and Pete Dunne vs Johnny Gargano.  And for this Sunday's house show, they're advertising Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream.  All hail.

• Like 1