DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] MAY 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

WWE.com is asking what kind of match Gargano & Ciampa should have next.   YOUR OPTIONS:

• Stretcher
  • Last Man Standing
  • Three Stages of Hell (!)
  • Falls Count Anywhere
  • Ambulance
  • Empty Arena (o hai HHH)
  • Hell in a Cell
  • Steel Cage

I mean, 3SoH is the obvious correct answer here, though everyone remembers Austin-HHH from No Way Out '01 everyone forgets how awful Cena-Ryback was.  Empty Arena is clearly the HHH suggestion.  And I do not believe we've had a HiaC match in NXT, ever.  

Guest Edwin

I'd vote for an empty arena match if they try to pull off the modern day version of Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk in front of 11,300 empty seats.

My natural instinct goes against a Last Man Standing match here, if only due to the gap of the ten count. You don't necessarily want Gargano just waiting around while a ref counts Ciampa to eight repeatedly. If you had Ciampa control most of it and be a total jerk with the crowd during the counts, it could work well though.

They could do so much with a simple Steel Cage match, so I'll go with that.

Hell in a Cell is the better match but with what it entails and what is expected, I rather they don't do it since those two are crazy enough to try to one-up Shane.

Per the WON

Tino Sabbatelli underwent surgery for a torn pec which happened in his match last Saturday night in Largo, FL, with Velveteen Dream. He was dropkicked and somehow the pec tore as he immediately grabbed his chest at that moment and they went right to the finish. That's usually a six to nine month recuperation period and he's already 34 years old. 

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WWE.com is asking what kind of match Gargano & Ciampa should have next.   YOUR OPTIONS:

• Stretcher
  • Last Man Standing
  • Falls Count Anywhere
  • Ambulance
  • Hell in a Cell
  • Steel Cage

I mean, 3SoH is the obvious correct answer here, though everyone remembers Austin-HHH from No Way Out '01 everyone forgets how awful Cena-Ryback was.  Empty Arena is clearly the HHH suggestion.  And I do not believe we've had a HiaC match in NXT, ever.  

Where's coal miner's glove?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

• Stretcher
  • Last Man Standing
  • Falls Count Anywhere
  • Ambulance
  • Hell in a Cell
  • Steel Cage

probably for the best, but I have zero recollection of Cena/Ryback.  I thought the Austin/HHH match was overrated at the time.  Might need to do a rewatch.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:50 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Where's coal miner's glove?

Right here. Well, it's Dibiase's black glove on a pole but it's still awesome and shows how great the gimmick can be. Also how wildly underrated Hayes was.

10 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I thought the story behind Drake getting the Mania match was simply that he was heavily involved in working with Ronda at the Performance Center in the weeks leading up to it. 

That is the story not what some random shitty clickbait wannabe WON site says

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, Eivion said:

I'd vote for stretcher or ambulance unless it was the final match. Final match I would definitely go for HIAC or LMS.

Based on the WWE version of those matches I have zero faith in a satisfying conclusion. "Ooh, Wrestler A pushed Wrestler B over the finish line! He is clearly the superior man in this feud!" I can't even get excited in a 3SOH match if that's one of the bullshit stips.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, RIPPA said:

That is the story not what some random shitty clickbait wannabe WON site says

Regardless of how he got to do it it's pretty crazy that Drake Younger finally got to work at Wrestlemania.  And you don't get much more high-profile than reffing that tag match.  Never thought I'd see him come close to this years ago when he was in CZW but here we are.

• Like 1

See, my only problem with the rest of the HW now being in NXT is what gimmick do you give them?   

Because we already have 3 "MMA fighter" gimmicks, we certainly do not need 5.   All in all, it's a good problem to have, but also one that can hurt your overall goals.