DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

The Rays and their new wacky pitching ideas have won 6 straight to get themselves to .500

That would tie them for first in the AL Central

Unfortunately for them - they are in the AL East are are 8 1/2 out already

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Rays and their new wacky pitching ideas have won 6 straight to get themselves to .500

That would tie them for first in the AL Central

Unfortunately for them - they are in the AL East are are 8 1/2 out already

I approve of this goofy idea because it has led to Sergio Romo being the "starting" pitcher two days in a row which probably nobody has done since like 1905 or whatever.

EDIT:  sadly it's only been since 2012 when Zack Grienke got ejected so early in a game (for throwing at someone) that they re-used him the day after.

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I approve of this goofy idea because it has led to Sergio Romo being the "starting" pitcher two days in a row which probably nobody has done since like 1905 or whatever.

Per ESPN, this is the first time in 38 years that a pitcher has started in back-to-back games after pitching at least one inning in the first game, and is the first time since 2012 that a pitcher has started consecutive games under any conditions at all.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:24 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the Mets add Chase Headley and Jose Bautista to Adrian Gonzalez, Todd Frazier, and Jay Bruce; they'll have to be the favorites to win the 2010 World Series.

Well... here's the thing about that....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

He should join Matt Latos on the NJ Jackals. 

...so that's where Latos ended up

I don't even think Jerry and George wanted him on their softball team, nor was he wanted on Yari's Autonomics.

I'm taking it up a notch working in Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm in the same post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Why any NL team would take a chance on him, I have not idea. Not that an AL team should, but you could hide him at DH if you wanted to try for  a little power. . . .

C'mon, the man is still holding a higher batting average than his weight, (barely).

• Haha 1

Mariners agree to another 25 year lease to remain at Safeco. (It also has two options that can extend the deal a total of 6 years)

In the statement - the Ms state that their goal is to make Safeco to Seattle what Wrigley and Fenway are to their cities respectively

• Like 7

That's fantastic, and I hope they accomplish that goal. That place was paid off early, is owned by some combination of County and State, and really seems to be a shining example of how a project of that type should work out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

That's fantastic, and I hope they accomplish that goal. That place was paid off early, is owned by some combination of County and State, and really seems to be a shining example of how a project of that type should work out.

It's a hell of a nice place to see a ballgame too

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Probably the Dbacks as well.

And the Rangers, etc.

I assume once Oakland and Tampa are figured out, that should be it for the next 30 years. Maybe the Angels and Royals. Everyone else has either a more-than-modern-enough stadium that can be renovated to keep current, or a historical one.

Just now, Hamhock said:

And the Rangers, etc.

I assume once Oakland and Tampa are figured out, that should be it for the next 30 years. Maybe the Angels and Royals. Everyone else has either a more-than-modern-enough stadium that can be renovated to keep current, or a historical one.

I like how you didn't include Miami in there.

Smart

Don't poke @Dolfan in NYC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2