DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

LAD swept in a 4 game set at home against CIN. Bad fucking time for the defending NL Champions. They don't look to be capable to turn it around right now. Also, Hill threw 98 pitches, but after his last one, he looked down at his hand, so blister/cracked nail issues again it would seem.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

LAD swept in a 4 game set at home against CIN. Bad fucking time for the defending NL Champions. They don't look to be capable to turn it around right now. Also, Hill threw 98 pitches, but after his last one, he looked down at his hand, so blister/cracked nail issues again it would seem.

And shut out by Matt Harvey, who is basically a batting practice pitcher at this point. I think that was the biggest indignity.

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

And shut out by Matt Harvey, who is basically a batting practice pitcher at this point. I think that was the biggest indignity.

I can't pick out on specific point as the lowest, but Harvey going 4 1 hit, no run innings is definitely up there. Buehler getting bit by Gennett's 2 out 2 R 2B on Thursday was not ideal, nor was Bellinger's decision to try to bunt for a hit on a 3-0 count B9 on Saturday.

The Dodgers suck right now, and that's ok, because they have shown me on more than one occasion that they can turn around a bad time pretty quickly. Unfortunately, playing this badly in the middle of May can sometimes dig a hole that you can't climb out of.

Thanks to the Nats giving the D-Bags their long overdue whooping, nobody is truly running away with the NL West, either.

That's the other consolation as you and I wait for our teams' respective 47 DLed players to come back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Thanks to the Nats giving the D-Bags their long overdue whooping, nobody is truly running away with the NL West, either.

That's the other consolation as you and I wait for our teams' respective 47 DLed players to come back

I don't think AZ can keep at it all year, but that bullpen is fucking tough. They look like the most realistic division winner right this second, but baseball seems to turn around quickly in the NL West. 

I am not real thrilled at the way the schedule frontloaded AZ/SFG/LAD head to head matchups, but it will be nice to see the entire month of September likely be the deciding factor in who wins the division.

Considering he is on the DL for a broken hand via HBP I am not sure what you are implying.

Unless you are saying roids make your bones brittle

To be fair - the contract is fine.... now

It's when it in a couple of years they are still paying him $24 million a year (all the way until 2023)

And now for the usual tapdance.

Diamond claims further down the thread that the drug he was using is known to mask other drugs and that even dummies know they're supposed to consult with someone on the team even when their doctor is advising them to take something. Same old same old. 

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - the contract is fine.... now

It's when it in a couple of years they are still paying him $24 million a year (all the way until 2023)

And in fairness, the Cano deal is still better than the Ellsbury deal the Yankees shelled out that same offseason in lieu of re-signing Cano.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Considering he is on the DL for a broken hand via HBP I am not sure what you are implying.

Unless you are saying roids make your bones brittle

Meaning that the timing for how this worked out was weird. Had this come back a couple days sooner things would have wound up being quite different. 

2 hours ago, EdA said:

And in fairness, the Cano deal is still better than the Ellsbury deal the Yankees shelled out that same offseason in lieu of re-signing Cano.

Yeah, but at least Ellsbury is nowhere near the field, and there's only two years left on his deal. I'd be shocked if Ellsbury lasts the entire deal with the Yankees. I could see him being cut this year, and picked up by one of the league bottom feeders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

His time on the DL counts towards the suspension, so he'll miss an extra 30-40 games that otherwise would have been available for

I wonder if he dropped his appeal after being injured,so it would start now. 

On 5/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, RIPPA said:

Of course the irony in all this conversation is that the Braves currently have the NL’s best record 

Hey, they have probably the two most exciting players in the NL at the top of their order...and then Freddie Freeman, who’s as dangerous as it gets. AND, rumor is 3B uberprospect Austin Riley might be up sooner than later. This team is oozing w talent right now, and if they can avoid injury....

LAD sweeps a doubleheader today. Stripling with a solid outing with 9 K's in the opener, then in the nightcap, Rich Hill throws 2 pitches before his blister ruptures. LAD pen gets all 27 outs, but falters and gives up 4 in the sixth. Late HR from Bellinger and a 2 R 2B from Kemp off Doolittle ruins a great fucking day for Scherzer, who K'd 13 and drove in one of the 4 in the sixth.

Maybe this is signs of life from them, maybe it's an aberration. Fun to watch any way.