DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING GIFS

52 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Quick backpack on Chono; I had a dream last night where I for whatever stupid reason, was allowed backstage for a WWE show. I dunno why, but there were a bunch of 90s Japan stars there. I went to shake Chono’s hand, did so, but he wouldn’t let go. He proceeded to, with one arm, whip me through a wall, didn’t let go, and threw me out of a window like I was Hans in the first Die Hard. 

Kramer-What.gif

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pete said:

Such a great match. I was at my cousins' house in Chicago and we were all losing our shit for the action. That was the first look at what a rat bastard Chono could truly be.

I am drawing a blank, was this one from the june 91 clash or was this a different show? Maybe the Starrcade 91 in Japan?

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I am drawing a blank, was this one from the june 91 clash or was this a different show? Maybe the Starrcade 91 in Japan?

The Clash with the Eaton/Flair 2/3 fall main event, June 91. The Starrcade in The Tokyo Dome match was vs Hase and Sasaki.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Sweet Kemp Kamikazes Sandman was sporting there. 

I was a big Sonics fan at the time, and for whatever reason, that’s what totally sold me on Sandman being awesome.

Aside from that, 2 Gold Scorpio and Sandman was one of my favorite random one-off tag teams. 

• Like 2

That's one of those so random as fuck teams that the more you think about it, the more perfect it seems. That was one of my favorite things about latter-day WCW, they would frequently toss out these teams that had to have been chosen by drawing names out of a hat that surprisingly worked out well more often than not.  Of course, my favorite pairing of all-time was a team that I wish had years to work together instead of just a few months... Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton, you take the heart and soul of two of the greatest teams ever and pair them off, what's not to like?

On the flipside, I never did get to see my Japanese dream team of Misawa and Survival Tobita, yes, I know that such a pairing makes no sense whatsoever, but can you imagine Misawa being confronted by Mokujin Ken and the Lantern Ghost?  Or Tobita facing off against Taue and Akiyama? Would have epic, I tell you, simply epic...

On 5/12/2018 at 11:37 AM, cool arrow said:

Who?  When?  Where?

And most of all... WHY?

Iron Fist Clive Myers dying molten death while partner Akira Maeda (Kwik Kik Lee) looks on:

Even more violent and surreal with audio, juxtaposing Myers' version of a Wilhelm scream with Kent Walton's insouciant call... 

Insulting PG-13 is a cosplayable offense. The fact he existed loooooooooooooooong before Cena is also a cosplayable offense.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

It was. He grabs his left leg right before the clip ends. 

Goldberg even bragged about it if I remember right. :angry: