DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

It's amazing.  You'd hear off and on, "El Generico is such a great babyface but the real guy is kind of obnoxious and weird and not exactly likable unless you really know him."  And then they let that guy be that guy and it's awesome.

Yep. I can't remember what podcast it was, but someone (maybe Sami, maybe Owens?) were talking about the discussions with Vince on how Sami's heel persona would act. Instead of doing a 180, into a dark, somber, cocky, traditional heel, Vince wanted him just to act like himself but turn it up another notch. 

And yeah, it's turned out awesome. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

That was Sami on E&C Podcast.  When Vince told him that, that's the moment he realized that Vince hated face Sami.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince doesn't get most babyface characters - at least the "pure" babyfaces.   The company doesn't seem to know what to do with strong babyfaces.  Cena should be booked as Hulkamania era-Hogan and instead the writers have him telling poop jokes and being a dick to other babyfaces.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:27 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince doesn't get most babyface characters - at least the "pure" babyfaces.   The company doesn't seem to know what to do with strong babyfaces.  Cena should be booked as Hulkamania era-Hogan and instead the writers have him telling poop jokes and being a dick to other babyfaces.

Outside of the poop jokes, that kind of was Hulk Hogan's character.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 6:39 AM, Goodear said:

rI1R34J.gif

Such a great match. I was at my cousins' house in Chicago and we were all losing our shit for the action. That was the first look at what a rat bastard Chono could truly be.

Quick backpack on Chono; I had a dream last night where I for whatever stupid reason, was allowed backstage for a WWE show. I dunno why, but there were a bunch of 90s Japan stars there. I went to shake Chono’s hand, did so, but he wouldn’t let go. He proceeded to, with one arm, whip me through a wall, didn’t let go, and threw me out of a window like I was Hans in the first Die Hard. 

• Like 2