DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING GIFS

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Good call:

Image result for perry saturn elbow gif

I love how safe Saturn is being in this gif.  He crawls to his spot, hangs on to something to get in position, then carefully butt-scoots off to fall from a sitting position rather than trying to do it standing.  Like, "I was an Army Ranger but even I am not crazy enough to trust this rickety-ass Paul E. contraption."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

If his elbow doesn't knock you out, his right tit will smother you

Well, it sure beats calling it the right tit drop.

And I'll admit it, that one indy dude's finisher is shit but I like the Sega Megadriver name.  Just wish it was for a better move.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Didn't Punk admit to making his elbow drops look horrible on purpose each time?

This is as meaningful as me claiming that I screw up first dates on purpose each time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

The thought of Abby's jiggly tit slapping my face after he drops the elbow sent a shudder through me... what an odd finish for a 'Madman from Sudan' to have too

I remember those tv matches with Abby really confusing me; up to then I had only heard of him through various photos in magazines where he was covered in blood, and then seeing him show up and wrestle a straightforward squash with an elbowdrop finisher - it just didn't match up to my expectation at the time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I love how safe Saturn is being in this gif.  He crawls to his spot, hangs on to something to get in position, then carefully butt-scoots off to fall from a sitting position rather than trying to do it standing.  Like, "I was an Army Ranger but even I am not crazy enough to trust this rickety-ass Paul E. contraption."

Let's face it, we're all at least a little surprised that Saturn wasn't crazy enough to try dropping the elbow from a standing position on the scaffold.

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

That he enlisted Sandman to build.

Didn't Sandman own a construction company at one point?  I'd imagine he's pretty good at building things.

• Like 1

Sure, but looking at the structure, it's pretty clear they expected two scaffolds (like a typical scaffold match) and only got one, so they jury rigged it by attaching it haphazardly to the ceiling and  the corners of the building or something.  I don't care if Bob the Builder himself put it together, I sure as shit wouldn't go up there.

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

I don't remember if it actually holding Tommy Dreamer's fatty fat fat fat and Brian Lee at the same time happened before or after that match

So I was at this show...

The "scaffold" was chained up there to the rafters at six points, then the four corners.  There wasn't any room for the second side, as it would've lost a bunch of seats and screwed up the bleacher seats on that side.  As it stood, they didn't bring in the one side that was up until intermission.

The Dreamer/Lee match happened after the Eliminators/MVC match.  And even then, of the 15ish minutes of that match, then only spent about 3 up on the scaffold.

• Like 2