DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 hours ago, Jamal said:

If you haven’t already, check out the old LPWA from the 90s. Pretty much ALL of the major women, at the time, competed there at one point or another. It also was the promotion that gave Reggie Bennett and Terri Power (Tori) their breaks. They even had a PPV (Super Ladies Showdown) with some of the women from LLPW. There should be matches floating around. 

Anything specific worth checking out? I caught at least one show, but everything was fairly short with not much standing out. It also seemed to be more a random gathering of matches instead of normal show.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Anything specific worth checking out? I caught at least one show, but everything was fairly short with not much standing out. It also seemed to be more a random gathering of matches instead of normal show.

Yeah, it looks like Youtube has mainly random clips as well as a few full shows of the compilation tapes that the promotion put out. But if you can find the Super Ladies Showdown, that's a decent show with the tournament to crown a Japanese champion as well as a nice Bambi/Malia Hosaka vs Glamour Girls match and Rockin Robin vs Black Venus.

Some other matches to check out from off of the top of my head:

Madusa vs Malia Hosaka

Team America vs Bad Black and Beautiful

Team America vs The Nasty Girls

Bambi vs Magnificent Mimi'

Glamour Girls vs Wendi Richter and Rockin Robin (I marked so hard for this as a kid lol)

• Like 1

Do you think relegating some more dudes to NXT would help freshen things up?  I don't really want to fuck NXT up but some guys on the roster could use a 6-month stay or like switching territories. It was good for Ryder to go down there for a minute. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Do you think relegating some more dudes to NXT would help freshen things up?  I don't really want to fuck NXT up but some guys on the roster could use a 6-month stay or like switching territories. It was good for Ryder to go down there for a minute. 

Who would you pick?

Yeah, I think it helped Tyson Kidd a lot when he went down there a few years ago. He was never going to light the main roster on fire, given his size, but he did develop a fun heel persona down there and was working some good matches when he got hurt.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It helped Tyson Kidd too

I'd like to see Big Show go down there. Somewhat of a full circle story from when he got sent back down to OVW way back when - going back down there of his own volition to take out the entitled rookies who don't know how good they got it.

Him and Lars could do some good stuff.

• Like 1

Why in the beginning of the  HDtv era did Vince not mandate that the guys go backto speaking Carny when calling spots, its a lost art now but im sure a few guys still knew the language.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Who would you pick?

Right now I'd send The Revival back.  They've gotten off to a bad start on the main roster with injuries and now they're lost in the shuffle.  They could spice up the tag division in NXT and regain some of their mojo.  Plus, it would help the guys down there to work with an experienced tag team.  Revival vs. Street Profits,   Heavy Machinery,  Undisputed Era,  Pete Dunne and co..    

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Goldust.

It worked the last time he did it when he was in WWECW. I'm concerned he'd tower over everybody though.

11 hours ago, Ace said:

It worked the last time he did it when he was in WWECW. I'm concerned he'd tower over everybody though.

He can work Christopher Dijak and then have a best of 891245 with Kassius Ohno and I will no longer own a wardrobe

• Like 4

I know this is super fucking rude, but I have thought for a long time that Jessamyn Duke looks a lot like Matt Riddle. I hope that she is a pro wrestler of the same caliber of Riddle. Either way you slice it, they now have themselves one motherfucker of a stable.

Let's hope that Duke and Shafir are better wrestlers than they were fighters, eh? Baszler certainly has taken to it real well, and in our limited look at Rousey, she shows that at the very least she is coachable and can be carried to a good match and bring some good stuff of her own.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So how long until we get Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen? Does it main event SS &/or WM? It will be interesting to see how long they wait to play that out.

Seeing how much they've ruined the Sasha/Bayley feud, I bet it'll happen on a throwaway RAW and then they'll drag it out for five more months until everyone has absolutely no interest in seeing it happen anymore.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

So how long until we get Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen? Does it main event SS &/or WM? It will be interesting to see how long they wait to play that out.

I think it's more likely the Rousey Horsewomen are the gauntlet Charlotte Flair has to run through to get a shot at Rousey's title

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's absolutrly an idea they need to utilize more. It also helps elevate the NXT brand in doing so. Of I was on the roster and wasn't being used I'd implore to be sent doen to NXT. At least then you know itd give you some time to showcase yourself before the next round of cuts comes. 

• Like 1