DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I don't even know if it matters in this case, but I just want to see or hear from a third party not named AJ that the phantom cyst existed. 

If you can show me the cyst, I must insist. - Channeling my Inner Cochran. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"Your honor, I don't think that the last half hour of the court googling gifs of the defendant's wife skipping and making 'crazy eyes' is at all relevant to the proceedings and I must object."

A9.jpg

"I'll allow it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure it went like - Punk had a lump on his lower back, Amann supposedly didn't diagnose it and just gave him z-paks constantly, and it wasn't until Punk left WWE and went to AJ Lee's doctor that he was told it was full blown MRSA and they... do whatever it is they do to get rid of MRSA. Cut it out? I don't know.

I specifically remember Punk saying AJ's doctor told him that he should be dead since it went undiagnosed for that long and it was pretty nasty.

Well, the big thing that needs to also be remembered from this case is that:

A big thing they teach you in the early days of med school is "assume horses, not zebras" -or, for that one, if someone comes to you with a certain medical issue, first treat it like the most common issue before assuming something rare.

With that in mind, treating any lump like that like it's a common staph infection, THEN going to MRSA, would be perfectly normal.

The jury listened to the full episode of Cabana's podcast, right?  I'm wondering what they made of any of that.  That was a fun episode with a lot of nutty insider stories.  Punk made his contact with Vince sound like some sort of bizarre "Road Runner and Coyote" skit.  Punk would go to Vince & complain, Vince would say yeah, yeah, but do me this one favor and I'll owe you one.  Punk would go away, come back, threaten to quit, Vince  would say ok, ok, but do me this one job first and I'll owe you one.  Punk would go away, Vince would renege on whatever he promised, Punk would threaten to quit, and Vince would say "ok, but just do this one angle for me and I'll owe you one", etc.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

There was also the deal with Ryback where Ryback kept injuring an already-banged up Punk. so Punk went to him and said something like "You're either the most incompetent MF I've ever seen or you're intentionally trying to injure me."  And Ryback had no choice except to agree he was just really that incompetent, lol.

29 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, the big thing that needs to also be remembered from this case is that:

A big thing they teach you in the early days of med school is "assume horses, not zebras" -or, for that one, if someone comes to you with a certain medical issue, first treat it like the most common issue before assuming something rare.

With that in mind, treating any lump like that like it's a common staph infection, THEN going to MRSA, would be perfectly normal.

Weird. Heard that horses, not zebras phrase for 2nd time in 2 days, after maybe never hearing it before. 

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

"Your honor, I don't think that the last half hour of the court googling gifs of the defendant's wife skipping and making 'crazy eyes' is at all relevant to the proceedings and I must object."

A9.jpg

"I'll allow it. Sustained." 

You know, Marisa Tomei won an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Weird. Heard that horses, not zebras phrase for 2nd time in 2 days, after maybe never hearing it before. 

Now, do NOT think of pink elephants.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

The jury listened to the full episode of Cabana's podcast, right?  I'm wondering what they made of any of that.  That was a fun episode with a lot of nutty insider stories.  Punk made his contact with Vince sound like some sort of bizarre "Road Runner and Coyote" skit.  Punk would go to Vince & complain, Vince would say yeah, yeah, but do me this one favor and I'll owe you one.  Punk would go away, come back, threaten to quit, Vince  would say ok, ok, but do me this one job first and I'll owe you one.  Punk would go away, Vince would renege on whatever he promised, Punk would threaten to quit, and Vince would say "ok, but just do this one angle for me and I'll owe you one", etc.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Well, it seems to make the most sense for CM Punk's fanbase:

CM Punk's relationship with Vince is "I need you to Do me this favor and I'll owe you one."

Punk, on his view, does it happily because Vince McMahon owing him one seemed to be Punk inherently believing "I'll Owe you One" meant "Do this for me and you get to go on last at Wrestlemania", the thing he most wanted from him.

We can safely assume Vince never intended for CM Punk to go on last at Mania, and Vince never said "he'll get the main event of Mania"- Punk decided it for himself.

Punk kept doing what Vince said, thinking he could cash in enough points to go on last at Wrestlemania.

...so THAT'S why Punk's fans worship him- Vince McMahon friendzoned CM Punk!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Mike still has the AL JR Heavyweight title. He defended it against the fake Ultimo/Ultimate Dragon on a Wrestle Birmingham show a few months back.

Punk is definitely getting his ass kicked. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, it seems to make the most sense for CM Punk's fanbase:

CM Punk's relationship with Vince is "I need you to Do me this favor and I'll owe you one."

Punk, on his view, does it happily because Vince McMahon owing him one seemed to be Punk inherently believing "I'll Owe you One" meant "Do this for me and you get to go on last at Wrestlemania", the thing he most wanted from him.

We can safely assume Vince never intended for CM Punk to go on last at Mania, and Vince never said "he'll get the main event of Mania"- Punk decided it for himself.

Punk kept doing what Vince said, thinking he could cash in enough points to go on last at Wrestlemania.

...so THAT'S why Punk's fans worship him- Vince McMahon friendzoned CM Punk!

Well when you say "I'll owe you one" you don't get to pick and choose what the one is.  Punk is not Zack Ryder or Justin Gabriel, he was the number two full time act in the company. Him wanting to go on last vs Undertaker at Mania is not an unreasonable request.

Punk is an ass, writes terrible comics and is a bad fighter. But he was in the right on this. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

There was also the deal with Ryback where Ryback kept injuring an already-banged up Punk. so Punk went to him and said something like "You're either the most incompetent MF I've ever seen or you're intentionally trying to injure me."  And Ryback had no choice except to agree he was just really that incompetent, lol.

Ryback denied that conversation ever happened. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic