DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

Sorry, this should begin and end with "Richard Blood"... It just doesn't get more studly than that.

Richard Blood is a heel’s name and Steamboat is a much better baby face name 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Vince croaks, there's no better song to set a video package to for him than this:

So who did Leary steal these lyrics from?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

To be fair, it does sound like something Fred Flintstone would get.

It 200% does! It's funny because the list of people awarded it was pretty prestigious but Vince is totally right.  I think he did eventually have them mention it I think he just really enjoyed messing with Jericho  like when he asked he and Christian to get stripped naked on Raw for an angle and when Jericho balked he said it "really isn't that big of a deal" before changing the angle.  Or when Jericho had to defend the IC title against a mystery fan vote opponent and they wouldn't tell him who because it had to be a surprise. Or Jericho also tells the great story of him and Triple H trying to come up with a way to get from inside the HIAC to the top of it and Vince, having just seen Spider-man suggests they shoot webs and swing up there.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Richard Blood is a heel’s name and Steamboat is a much better baby face name 

Ah, how quickly they forget... Both his real name and ring name have interesting pedigrees; "Steamboat" of course comes from Lou Thesz protege Sammy Steamboat, and as Ricky was also billed as being Hawaiian (he's as much Hawaiian as I am, he's a native New Yorker who never set foot on the islands until his wrestling career was well underway). As for his real name, let's turn back the clock to the 1920s and Rafael Sabatini's swashbuckler, Captain Blood, who despite being a pirate was most definitely portrayed as a babyface, being brought to life on the silver screen by no less than Errol Flynn. If you're being portrayed by Errol Flynn in the 1930s, that's about as babyface as it gets. So both names have face attachments, tweeners at the absolute worst.

13 hours ago, OSJ said:

Sorry, this should begin and end with "Richard Blood"... It just doesn't get more studly than that.

There is a reason I did not start with that.Wanted the kids to get a shot. 

Bray Wyatt has a great name in Windham Rotunda. 

If anyone wants ever wants to chat with me about panic/anxiety toss me a PM.  I dealt with that shit for 4 years,   still do on occasion but it is a lot better than it was so trust me it gets better.  I was near rock bottom with it at one point and I've come along way.  It gets better.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The first 15 minutes is just two friends talking (plus cameo Cesaro acting like a goof) so you can enjoy that and not watch the workout stuff.

I like how Bryan and Regal's diets made them impossible to ride with

• Like 2

Steamboat did wrestle as his real name Richard Blood and the unfortunate variation DICK BLOOD very early on in AWA, also in AJPW in the 70s. Also, yes, Tito did wrestle as Richard Blood randomly in the same time period.

SO MUCH VIOLENCE!

30AJPW Giant Series 1978 - Day 29
1978/11/08 @ City Gymnasium in Kameyama, Mie (Japan)
The Destroyer defeated Dick Blood (17:25 minutes)