DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He introduced himself in the video as the Mayor of Slamtown. That may hurt him in the social part of the game. 

I wonder how close Slamtown is to Pound Town.

Population: You n me, gurl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He introduced himself in the video as the Mayor of Slamtown. That may hurt him in the social part of the game. 

Does that make Batista the former mayor turned State Senator for Slamtown's district that just rolls into town and does what he wants while the mayor just has to put up with it?

• Haha 2

There was also a lovely bit where the first name of the player was imposed over the larger name of the tribe they'd been assigned to, which next season will be either David or Goliath. So for one shining, beautiful moment, I genuinely thought the Survivor producers would be promoting him as Johnny Goliath. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

There was also a lovely bit where the first name of the player was imposed over the larger name of the tribe they'd been assigned to, which next season will be either David or Goliath.

Oh Davey.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

There was also a lovely bit where the first name of the player was imposed over the larger name of the tribe they'd been assigned to, which next season will be either David or Goliath. So for one shining, beautiful moment, I genuinely thought the Survivor producers would be promoting him as Johnny Goliath. 

John-ny Dav-id *clap clap clapclapclap*

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nate said:

I wonder how close Slamtown is to Pound Town.

Population: You n me, gurl.

Slamtown and Pound Town are in Parts Unknown county near Damien Demento's hometown, The Outer Reaches of Your Mind.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, saveholmes said:

That's a strange fucking order to do a coast to coast tour in. It's too bad they couldn't have squeezed another day in there, maybe do SF or LA so I could try to go.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Slamtown and Pound Town are in Parts Unknown county near Damien Demento's hometown, The Outer Reaches of Your Mind.

Unfortunately, as of late Pound Town has rested (un)comfortably in the city limits of The Outer Reaches of [My] Mind.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, nate said:

Unfortunately, as of late Pound Town has rested (un)comfortably in the city limits of The Outer Reaches of [My] Mind.

Are these places anywhere near Suplex City or Dudleyville?  I'm also wondering if any of these cities feature Know Your Role Blvd. or a Jabroni Dr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Tuesday is also a weird day to run a show... especially in NYC

La Boom is a nightclub that's 2 blocks from my apartment. EVOLVE runs this building all the time, but usually it's Saturday afternoons. My guess is Progress, wanted to run a nighttime show and since that is absolutely not possible over the weekends...  why not Tuesday when no one would come to the club. 

But it is weird they're running this about 3 weeks before they'd get an even bigger crowd when all the indies do their  remoras to the WWE's great white shark and run every building in town during Takeover/Summerslam weekend.

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Are these places anywhere near Suplex City or Dudleyville?  I'm also wondering if any of these cities feature Know Your Role Blvd. or a Jabroni Dr.

I think all are located in the State of Euphoria.

• Like 2

Watching the Mauro Ranallo documentary on Showtime and regardless of what you think about him as an announcer,  his mullet when he was a teenager in All Star Wrestling around 1986-1987 is definitely top 5 of wrestling.  I mean this is Cole twins level

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Watching the Mauro Ranallo documentary on Showtime and regardless of what you think about him as an announcer,  his mullet when he was a teenager in All Star Wrestling around 1986-1987 is definitely top 5 of wrestling.  I mean this is Cole twins level

I really liked the Mauro doc, but I wish it were longer. While I don't suffer from bipolar disorder, quite a bit of what Mauro has been through reminded me of my own issues with clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. In fact, I just started a temporary leave from work due to my anxiety getting significantly worse  thus affecting my quality of work. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next week and I'm sure a medication change is in order.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

It is really a piece that you HAVE to watch from the beginning to understand what is going here.  if you watch this even 10 minutes after the beginning you are going to not going to have a fucking clue what is going on here.    Mauro has been Mauro since childhood and was "triggered" for lack of a better when he best friend dies as a kid.    I mean the guy called one of the biggest fight in maybe 30 years, gets praise from someone on Twitter, and is so manic with this bi-polar that he is telling the guy to go fuck himself and feels miserable. 

It makes you understand how he is warts and all as an announcer.  I don't know if it means I am going to like his over the top shit like talking about tide pods and greasing poles in Philly but it really makes you understand things better.   

19 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm also wondering if any of these cities feature Know Your Role Blvd. or a Jabroni Dr.

They do, but it's a lot like MLK Blvd.  Every city has one, but it's probably best not to go there.

• Like 2