DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fair warning, this completely gutted me. Lots of tears.

https://lindsaycappotelli.blogspot.com/2018/05/putting-my-heart-out-there.html?m=1

Fucking cancer.

FUCK cancer.

Somehow I managed not to lose it reading that, but I certainly won't be reading it again.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2018 at 12:02 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

No it shows what I've been saying all along. When WWE decided that the brand was more important than the wrestlers/storylines,   that's what killed it for a large part of their audience. They aren't even doing storylines anymore.  

Nia Jax challenges Ronda Rousey out of nowhere on a red carpet for a thing that very few people outside of those in entertainment care about.  There was no buildup.  There's been no build for Ronda at all.  It looked like maybe something was brewing with Mickie and Nattie.  But nope.  

WWE has become a collection of "moments"....  Ronda holding up the title is just their next "moment"  buildup be damned. 

And that, if anything, is the biggest problem WWE has had in recent times.

For all the issues WWE has, the biggest one is that they seemed to forget that "moments" can be fabricated, but any worthwhile storyline is guaranteed to pay off in a "MOMENT". 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fair warning, this completely gutted me. Lots of tears.

https://lindsaycappotelli.blogspot.com/2018/05/putting-my-heart-out-there.html?m=1

Fucking cancer.

FUCK cancer.

Matt was a trainer at my gym and I have friends that worked with him in OVW. You will NEVER hear a bad word about the guy. His journey has been documented on the news here in Louisville. There have been moments where it looked like he’d beat it. So sad to see where he is now. 

• Like 2

I hadn't heard about Matt Cappotelli in awhile, and I hadn't heard that he'd passed, so I'd assumed that he had beaten it. 

Cancer is bullshit. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Turns out the customer was diving out the window in an act of cowardice.

Will you stop?!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

As far as WWE doing nothing but creating 'moments', I think Niners is right  that them deciding the brand was more important than the wrestlers/storylines is partly to blame, but I also can't blame the WWE when when everyone seems to have ADD in 2018 anyway and it seems to be kowtowing to that

17 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I hadn't heard about Matt Cappotelli in awhile, and I hadn't heard that he'd passed, so I'd assumed that he had beaten it. 

Cancer is bullshit. 

Last I heard was when John Morrison/Nitro/Impact was on a podcast mentioning how it had come back again and he was working a benefit for him. 

Utterly sucks, as Cappoteli looked like a stud and a sure bet back in the OVW days. How long has this been going on for now? 14 years off and on? Poor lad.

meanwhile in other Smackdown news

WWE announced, via Smackdown General Manager Paige, that Big Cass has been pulled from his scheduled match against Samoa Joe tomorrow on Smackdown Live from Worcester, MA due to injury.  As noted earlier today, Cass appeared to have re-injured his knee and needed help to return to the locker room last night.

Instead, WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy will face Daniel Bryan for the first-time ever on tomorrow's broadcast.   The winner will go on to meet Samoa Joe next week in a Money in the Bank Qualifying match.  Should it be Bryan advancing, it would be the first time he has wrestled Samoa Joe since October 2006.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

meanwhile in other Smackdown news

I told you all.  Cass's injury is the best case of addition by subtraction you may ever find.  

Seriously, now we get Jeff/Bryan and either Jeff/Joe OR the main event of every 2006 ROH card ever. 

• Like 4

I'm leaning towards Cass interfering to cause Bryan to lose because we can't have nice things. Even still, Joe vs broken down Jeff ain't that bad. Better than Cass vs Joe.

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm leaning towards Cass interfering to cause Bryan to lose because we can't have nice things. Even still, Joe vs broken down Jeff ain't that bad. Better than Cass vs Joe.

Me or you vs Joe would be better than Cass vs Joe. 

Can someone answer this for me, I watched the recent episode of Camp WWE and there was a scene with The 4 Horsemen, I recognized Flair, Arn and Tully but the 4th guy was someone with short black/grey hair and I had no idea who it was, any idea who it was people? 

1 hour ago, Boydy said:

Can someone answer this for me, I watched the recent episode of Camp WWE and there was a scene with The 4 Horsemen, I recognized Flair, Arn and Tully but the 4th guy was someone with short black/grey hair and I had no idea who it was, any idea who it was people? 

Ole?