DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

14 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

As an aside, I caught some of Ziggler and McIntyre's work this weekend and was pretty impressed with their whole dynamic but... is getting matching gear and investing in being a tag team a thing of the past now? Do single wrestlers thrown together just not care knowing they'll probably be split up in six months? For example, if Pillman hadn't gone all in on the Hollywood Blonds and convinced Austin to follow suit it wouldn't have worked at all

My random pet peeve is when partners don’t match, but opponents do.  Get together beforehand and work that shit out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Austin and Pillman would have done really well even without matching gear. They were together for four months before the gear and did well. But the matching gear and new theme really put them over the top. 

They'd have been a good team as just Austin and Pillman, but I don't think they'd be as well remembered without investing in the mannerisms, gear and shtick of the Hollywood Blonds.

• Like 1

WWE's returning to where I am in November. It's the RAW brand and I'd prefer it to be Smackdown whereas last November it was Smackdown and I wanted RAW. Stupid brand split. Chances are I'll go. I'd get to see Alexa Bliss, Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman and the Revival, favourites I've never seen live. Other favourites I've seen before: Sasha Banks.

Would you rather see RAW or Smackdown?

• Like 1

Adonis posted his upcoming dates and he is working next month "in Baltimore" but the place he said (Bladenburg) is a DC suburb. 

Matt turned up this very confusing poster, full of guys that should not be working together, in a random DC club. 

31676516_2132475356987918_71373904178629

I am so very white for that night club.

The good thing is that the night club does have a lucha show listed for that night. 

That being said - NOVA Pro is also running that day and that is WAY closer to my apartment

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am so very white for that night club.

The good thing is that the night club does have a lucha show listed for that night. 

That being said - NOVA Pro is also running that day and that is WAY closer to my apartment

But which show might have Micro Man ? 

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thinking back to the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXVI, what a final match for Shawn to go out on and how he's remained retired ever since.

He's doing it wrong.

bBo3bx.gif

58064dd676ee6.image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1