DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

31 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I posted this in the RIP thread but will here also.  Big Bully Busick passed away today.  He was one of the nicest guys I have met in this crazy business and I will miss him terribly. #RIPBULLY

The one thing I will remember him for is how the Apter mags treated him as the next sure thing because he came off as one of the strongest motherfuckers in the business and I was ready for him to do some damage when he got to the WWF. 

And then, yeah.  He gets a Spike and Chester gimmick.

He was fun in GWF and yeah his WWF run was a joke but not his fault by any means.  He reminds me a lot of Rusev.  I think if Busick were coming up today he would have a cult following.  I was able to be a part of his final match and it meant and still means the world to me. He had a huge heart and will be missed.

• Like 5

the match is on youtube i believe.  Both guys got color also.   I was the commisioner working face at the time.  The ring announcer didn't show so they had me doing double duty that night (actually triple, i did commentary for the DVD also).     At the start of the show Bully suggested I start out with the pledge to the flag. He wanted Von Schmitt to come out attack and slam me.  What actually happened was I got slammed (ripped part of my suit which pissed of  my wife) and Bully made the save right in time to say "and justice for all"  It worked perfectly.  The match itself was a wild brawl around the building.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

A wild and creative take on a tag team ladder match is that each belt has to be grabbed separately, and if 2 wrestlers who started out on opposing teams end up with a belt then they are a new tag team. 

Who, according to the WWE writer's bible, hate each other and will split up at the first opportunity.

14 hours ago, Sublime said:

Way back in the day I figured that was how they would start Jeff Hardy and Edges singles runs, by having Christian and Matt each grad a title in a TLC or ladder match and become a team.

Call them The Jannettys

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan was on Chris Jericho's podcast and two related things of note came out

Jericho said that Vince asked him (Jericho) to be the backup plan in case Shane wasn't healthy for Mania. (They didn't really seem to go into the logistics of how they would have gotten Jericho there for the match but that is another story).

And while talking about that - Bryan said that basically the WWE doesn't tell the wrestlers what is going on because they are afraid of it leaking to dirtsheets. 

"We're in this stage now where they don't tell the boys anything. They keep all the secrets from the boys because they are afraid the boys are all talking to the dirtsheets," said Bryan. "When I got to TV the next day I was like 'what are we going to do?' Certainly he can't be wrestling. They said 'Well, he says he's wrestling but we have a backup. And we think it's a really good backup.' I say 'who is it?' and they say 'I can't tell you,'" 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

To be honest the last guy I'd tell secrets to is the guy who Meltzer seemed to know every single trip to the doctor he made since he was on the shelf

1. Konnan

2. Anyone who might talk to Konnan

28 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Well, I meant guys that worked for WWE not guys that seem to be simultaneously working with 50 companies with the M.A.D. angle

Indie and Mexico coverage is about to get dope as fuck

I'd totally get behind a Dr. Claw gimmick.

335?cb=20170731115315

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I saw a preview for the upcoming season after 205 Live last night.  It definitely looks like there's a Cena/Nikki breakup segment.

That’s so fucking gross. 

Supposedly (I am trying to remember what Meltzer said without digging through the WONs to find it) they did a fake breakup angle for the show (since they obviously do a lot of fake shit for the show) and they were supposed to get back together since the season was gonna end with the wedding.

So Dave was saying it was an issue of do they use the fake breakup angle or do they have footage of the actual breakup

• Haha 2