DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

15 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Meltz is reporting that there will be 3 MITB matches: one male, one female, and one tag team.  A tag team MITB at least will freshen up the concept a little, especially if they go for a team that splits/hate each other while holding it.

What's funny is that on the WON website it says

Two Money in the Bank qualifying matches are set for tonight's episode of Raw.

Both will be triple threat matches, with Sasha Banks facing Ember Moon and Ruby Riott for a spot in the women's ladder match and Roman Reigns taking on Finn Balor and Sami Zayn for a spot in the men's one. With Money in the Bank again being a dual-brand pay-per-view, WWE hasn't officially announced how many ladder matches there will be.

So either Dave's staff didn't get the memo or folks are making stuff up and saying Dave said it

Just now, odessasteps said:

I take it Dave doesn't do any of the daily updates anymore? When I stopped reading them, he was still doing them 2 or 3 times a week. 

He still does a couple a week.

This specific story about the MITB though was put up by someone else

Okay - apparently the 3 match thing originated from the advertising that was sent out for MITB

It says it will have 3 matches but doesn't specify what type.

And we know how reliable the advertising that is sent out is

Kevin Owens has apparently signed a new 5 year deal with WWE.  And may be going with a Sami/KO feud with Kevin as the face. 

Congrats Murder Bear! 

• Like 3

The MITB qualifying matches announced for SDL tonight

Jeff Hardy vs. Miz

Charlotte vs. Peyton Royce

DANIEL MOTHERFUCKING BRYAN vs. MOTHERFUCKING RUSEV!!!!

• Like 5

They wouldn't be crazy enough to do a 16 man ladder match with 8 teams .... would they?

4 teams just doesn't really seem like enough.  Maybe 6 would be a sweet spot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The MITB qualifying matches announced for SDL tonight

Jeff Hardy vs. Miz

Charlotte vs. Peyton Royce

DANIEL MOTHERFUCKING BRYAN vs. MOTHERFUCKING RUSEV!!!!

Holy fucking shit I'm so glad I'm going to this.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, nofuture said:

Meltz is reporting that there will be 3 MITB matches: one male, one female, and one tag team.  A tag team MITB at least will freshen up the concept a little, especially if they go for a team that splits/hate each other while holding it.

It would be a terrible idea to do that the first year. That is something you do five years in. I think you stress that both partners have to agree to cash in. 

That said, that is too many ladder matches for one show. They should move the men's MITB back to Mania. 

13 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

A wild and creative take on a tag team ladder match is that each belt has to be grabbed separately, and if 2 wrestlers who started out on opposing teams end up with a belt then they are a new tag team. 

Don't give them ideas for more makeshift teams. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

A wild and creative take on a tag team ladder match is that each belt has to be grabbed separately, and if 2 wrestlers who started out on opposing teams end up with a belt then they are a new tag team. 

Way back in the day I figured that was how they would start Jeff Hardy and Edges singles runs, by having Christian and Matt each grad a title in a TLC or ladder match and become a team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, grilledcheese said:

I know this is super fucking rude, but I have thought for a long time that Jessamyn Duke looks a lot like Matt Riddle. I hope that she is a pro wrestler of the same caliber of Riddle.

He joked on social media one time that she was his twin sister. I didn’t know he was joking and thought she was for a while. 

Heres the post:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

He joked on social media one time that she was his twin sister. I didn’t know he was joking and thought she was for a while. 

Heres the post:

I feel like less of an asshole if the joke has already been made. Thank you.

• Like 1