DVDVR Message Board

Tabernacle! - Raw is Montreal - 4/30/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Thoughts, @Brian Fowler?

• While co-hosting Busted Open Radio, Mark Henry praised Seth Rollins and how good he’s gotten: “Seth Rollins, right now, is for your money, to me, he’s one of the most exciting guys wrestling. He’s getting to that ‘great’ stratusphere, like beyond elite. He’s becoming, dare I say, Hall of Fame caliber. He’s going to be one of the best before it’s all said and done with.”

• Like 1

Maybe its cuz I watched the 90 minute Hulu version but this was one of the more fun Raws i have watched in sometime. That crowd was hot dude, they were digging this show.

The opening segment was fun. Roman was struggling I feel for him I do he's been the victim of awful booking how are we suppose to get behind him? Things were getting dicy then Joe showed up on the screen and cut an awesome promo. Things picked up from there. Mahal is good as a JTTS heel i don't mind him in that position. Owens and Zayn as one night babyfaces with that crowd was great. That just made it all the better Owens and Zayn are on fire right now, everything they do has heat to it. I got a kick out of Lashley and Braun getting booed when they went after Owens and Zayn but cheered when they went after Mahal. It was sweet. Oh and Braun gorilla pressing 

3.0 with not only the French but being stupidly optimistic jobbers was gold. AOP put a number on them. AOP need a mouthpiece if not solely for the fact that they are scarier if they don't talk.

Rollins is over dude. His promo was good but dude it was 10x's better cuz how banana they crowd was for him. Balor and Rollins feuding over the Intercontinental championship is going to be fun. I really dig that they are still using Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas they are funny like actually funny not just wrestling funny. Rollins and Balor are trying to fued with one another and they keep getting pestered by these clueless dopes. Its amusing.

Bliss needs to keep up these Moment of Bliss vignettes. She gets to show off so much personality in like a minute or so. Bliss has been consistently one of the better heels men or women for like a year and a half now. 

I think They made a mistake not having Matt and Bray out in front of the live crowd. That crowd would have chanted delete so fucking loud it would have been a cool visual. Whats going on with the Raw Tag Team Titles? first a ten year old wins em and now the Champs don't even have a match at the PPV on Sunday.

Aside from Braun and Roman forgetting that they hated each other a year ago I really enjoyed that 6 man tag. Owens and Zayn got huge babyface reactions in their hometown and got to beat up Roman for most the match.

Natalya vs Mickie was ok enough i guess. It was more a vehicle to get Ronda over. I liked Mickie selling the arm bar a week later.

Rollins vs Balor was a fun main event. These two went all out, this is going to be a fun spring/summer of them feuding over the title. looks like they are finally making the Intercontinental Championship the title on Raw while Brock holds the Universal Championship hostage. Only took them a year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Matt D said:

Eh. Wrestlers always praise other wrestlers who have good cardio. That’s always what Flair says about Brody, that he couldn’t blow him up.

Yes,  I'm sure that's what it was.  Just Mark completely amazed by the cardio and ONLY the cardio. :lol:

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes,  I'm sure that's what it was.  Just Mark completely amazed by the cardio and ONLY the cardio. :lol:

He’s more “CrossFit with facial hair” than human. Which is either better or worse than Jericho who has become more “DDP Yoga than human.”

On 5/1/2018 at 9:22 AM, Casey said:

face Universal Champion Rollins wouldn’t be near as unbearable as heel champion Rollins, I think.

But I’m the only one that would watch that, apparently.

I'm with you. HHH and Steph ruined his title run just like they ruined Jericho's first run. He's the best option they have that isn't Braun.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Matt D said:

He’s more “CrossFit with facial hair” than human. Which is either better or worse than Jericho who has become more “DDP Yoga than human.”

Are either of these more human than human?

• Like 3