DVDVR Message Board

Tabernacle! - Raw is Montreal - 4/30/2018

Dolfan in NYC

So with Finn possibly going heel, is that every remotely foreign wrestler (sans the Latinos) on the two big shows as baddies now?

-Owens: always a heel

-Zayn: turned last fall 

-Jinder: America-hating heel 

-Nakamura: newly turned heel 

-The Bar: heels 

-MacIntyre: from NXT face to Raw heel

-Rusev: Nonsensically still behaves/booked like a heel despite cheers 

That leaves, what, Becky, Asuka, Roode, Breeze and possibly Finn as the only non-American born faces over the two big shows?!

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

This is great, so it kills me to be the Ohio native to point out that Youngstown is on the east side of the state.

They're here to rock Youngstown BECAUSE the W. OH rock scene is boring, so they left it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I am so sick and tired of Finn being attached to Rollins.

Or of Miz being attached to Rollins

Or of fucking Seth Rollins in general.

I know he's over, but good fucking Christ I can't stand anything about him

Frog Splash?

Flame tights handed down by Booker T?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hagan said:

Seth is a really hot babyface right now. He seems to be getting genuine crowd support and his character work is way more natural now.

Him taking down Brock not the worst idea in the world.

What?  Yes, YES it is.  IT'S THE WORST IDEA.

I know the Brock Lesnar reign is so overly long and terrible and it makes you shudder at night while you hold your Million Dollar Man wrestling buddy but do you remember the Seth Rollins reign and how much it sucked?  I remember.  I ain't going back to that.  

This is simple and people are overcomplicating it.  Braun is the most over guy in the company.  Run with a face on top for more than 3 weeks for fucks sake and let people feel good for once.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Goodear said:

What?  Yes, YES it is.  IT'S THE WORST IDEA.

I know the Brock Lesnar reign is so overly long and terrible and it makes you shudder at night while you hold your Million Dollar Man wrestling buddy but do you remember the Seth Rollins reign and how much it sucked?  I remember.  I ain't going back to that.  

This is simple and people are overcomplicating it.  Braun is the most over guy in the company.  Run with a face on top for more than 3 weeks for fucks sake and let people feel good for once.

Face Rollins isn't the same as Heel Rollins in the Authority. Like, at all. :huh:

Obviously Braun is the smartest and logical choice, since he's on fire right now and easily the most over face on the roster. I hope they go with Braun, but if they wait too long, it'll be too late and who is the next over person? Rollins. He gets monster pops every week, and is pretty over with the fans.

• Like 1

Whose the guy that gets over in front of every audience? The Smarks, the hardcores, the casuals and the kids? The guy who isn't over because he's an indy darling or because he does "flipz" or because the crowd is "going against the booking" (which I thought was impossible because HHH/WWE told me that's the only reason Roman isn't over).

It's Braun. There's really no excuses left to not put the belt on him for a year and see what happens.

• Like 3

I wish they would give Nia more to do because Alexa has been killing her with these Moment of Bliss segments. 

Good match from Ruby and Sasha and cool to see Ruby get the win. She's my favorite member of the Squad. 

Heel Rollins wrestles like a face. Face Rollins is the world's most unlikable heel. Really, he'd be best off in a 2007 Russo TNA hell where he could just turn every week and none of us (but Casey apparently) would have to watch him.

• Like 2

TIL Seth Rollins isn't over with all the different little groups in the WWE audience. And IF he is, it's because of MOVEZ or because the fans are rebelling or because he wrestled on the indies for 4 years. Learn something new everyday!

• Like 4

Hyperbole aside, I think Seth is fine in the upper middle card but he's not the crown jewel of your company who the federation can revolve around.  Put him in a 15-20 minute segments with no long promos and he's okay to good, 30 minutes of him and I want to die.  WWE also already tried it and it didn't work so hot.

From a holistic perspective, Mat has it right in that he's got Pillman's Syndrome where his intangibles all say heel and his physical traits are all built for being a face.  His nasal voice is made for whining and being a jerk and he's got an air of smugness to him.  But he cannot work heat to save his ass and has to go back and forth with an opponent to keep it compelling.  Working back and forth gets him face pops because of his athletic nature and move set.  Its a balancing act for him and you are better off not focusing on him as the top guy.

• Thanks 1

This company doesn't have a crown jewel to build around. For awhile now they've needed 4 to 6 dudes to build around so that there's something for everyone, but they keep thinking Roman is the one thing for everyone and if he isn't yet, then Vince is going to book him to repeatedly lose at the highest level to get everyone's respect.

face Universal Champion Rollins wouldn’t be near as unbearable as heel champion Rollins, I think.

But I’m the only one that would watch that, apparently.

• Like 1