DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIV - 5/6/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Miz is basically the best thing in the company right now

He just name-checked Bobby Heenan and said this doofus Talking Smack guy will never talk like him.

I think I just felt Miz's baby kick in my uterus. Guys, Miz just impregnated me through Talkin Smack.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I laughed out loud so much once the bell rang and they cut to the crowd rushing for the exits. Kevin Dunn, were you not paying attention?

Someone said they could actually hear the sound of production trying to mute the sound of the crowd after the pinfall.  

As much as they might be scumbags for the "We Want Enzo" chant, at least they left when they didn't want to see the main event match.  Unless the douches in New Orleans more concerned about their beachballs

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Half the roster is never getting another PPV match again.  This whole thing is just insane. I guess with Money in the Bank they can at least cram a ton of people into the ladder matches. 

Seriously how the fuck does Asuka not getting on a PPV  :wacko:

And seriously how the fuck does Charlotte lose that dumb of a way after beating someone with a 2 year and change winning streak  <_<

• Like 1

The low blow thing was a rib right? I mean, they do so many low blows they make it a no dq match so then they both do low blows and get counted out? That has to be 100x worse than “wwe superstar loses in their hometown every time”. There couldn’t have been a worse ending to that match. 

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They have two perfectly fine choices for Universal Champion right now.   They could go with Braun which is super obvious or they could go with babyface Rollins which I know some here wouldn't like but I think it would also work.   So Braun or Rollins.   But instead we gonna continue to force Roman or what?  

I have very little use for Rollins, think that Roman is a superior wrestler and ace to him in almost every way (so long as he's not wrestling 2018 Brock), and still figure that Rollins would probably be a better choice right now, because he is over and the booking has just shattered Roman completely.

If I'm admitting that, then you've got a pretty big booking problem. 

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Bright side about the last hour being so bad is it helped cover what was going to be my main talking point of "Boy, both Cass and Carmella are not good wrestlers"

The fact that Vince could be back there watching Carmella wrestle tonight and not call an audible to the ref to change the finish tells me that he has checked the fuck out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Fuck Seth Rollins for kicking out of two perfectly hit Skull Crushing Finales. 

Six more months out of the main event picture for you. 

I knew there was no way Miz was winning the belt on SmackDown but DAMN that second one was the perfect finish.

• Like 1

I think the audience is just tired of having these dull butt rock mascots fed to them year after year. It's no wonder that Cena is still the only face who can consistently get the crowd going. They're never going to get with the times.

• Like 1

This year is more frustrating than the 2009-2012 period of RAW because the roster wasn't as good then and it was mostly background noise for me.  I had pretty much checked out.   This is a tremendous roster with so much talent on both the men and women's side and it's just a brutal show to get through almost every week.  Some of the matches end up being good because of how great the performers are but the booking...  good God man..  

Plus,  outside of the booking you have Carmella who can't wrestle and she's in a prominent role.   While Naomi,  Asuka and Becky aren't even around. 

Big Cass has a fucking singles push while Rusev gets 2 minutes of comedy relief.  Why?  Rusev is selling fucking t-shirts.  Who the fuck is buying the Big Cass shirt,  nobody.  

At least with Alexa she is an over character and good on the microphone, but again tonight we watch her slog through a match where she's having a ton of issues bumping and selling..  

Sasha and Bayley have had countless matches with Nia Jax that were better than this.  Both of them were every bit as over as Alexa,  probably more over at one point and creative has killed them. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Miz is God. Carried Seth to the best singles match he's ever had and carried the post show.

Oh, come on.

Mostly bad show. Women's matches were basically catfight bikini battles. AJ/Nak was good til the end. Roman had another match that he would have been great in if he wasn't saddled with the world's worst super hero gimmick. Damn I wish Joe had been signed ten years ago.