DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

53 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Thee were, I think, 46 field goals made by the Pelicans. That means nearly half of them were assisted by Rondo. Unreal.

He used to be one of my absolute favorite guys to watch, and him turning the clock back is just exhilarating. Especially now that he's not playing for a franchise I'm geographically and generically programmed to hate with a fiery passion.

Yeah I meant to say there were 46 not counting his two. Here's all of it. There was a game last series he had where he did something like 14 assists and half of them were like Top 10 plays. This collection are a little less exciting, but still incredible just by the sheer volume. Like the first half of the game he got several assists just by walking the ball up, and handing it off to the guy behind him to shoot a three. Then it became the cutting game where he just kept hitting guys who had the right angle to get easy layups. I don't know how much of it was him directing traffic and letting guys know they had the room, but the passes are beautifully effortless and on the button.

Just now, jaedmc said:

At least Toronto is playing a team with the almost GOAT. Philly has no excuse to be down 0-3 to Terry Rozier Celtics.

The team hadn't played a fucking playoff game for like seven years. Bagging on the Sixers is just such bullshit, they are a young inexperienced team learning a hard lesson from a team that even missing guys has a postseason pedigree. The Raptors are a million times more a letdown/failure here.

Relax, guy.

Bagging on team for losing 3 straight to another team who lost two superstars is not bullshit. It's fun. 

Toronto can't be a letdown. They're doing what was expected of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A running one-hander off the goddamn glass. 

I mean...fuck. He, like, said hi to Tim Duncan, Kareem, and Jordan on that one. 

And that's the best I can come up with, because it might be wrong. 

I just can't really explain it and do it justice. 

Fucking BEAUTIFUL. That shot reminds you why you watch basketball. 

• Like 1

Lebron is Brock Lesnar and the rest of the East is Roman Reigns.

I'll always be MJ 4 Life, but this playoff run by Lebron might be of the greatest things I've ever seen. He could have fucked off like he has before, (he did at least one game in the Indiana series) because his team is giving him garbage, and no one would have blamed him. Well they would, but I think more people would actually defend him this time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

The team hadn't played a fucking playoff game for like seven years. Bagging on the Sixers is just such bullshit, they are a young inexperienced team learning a hard lesson from a team that even missing guys has a postseason pedigree. 

Well..  Rozier didn't play big minutes and Brown didn't play big minutes.  Rozier is like 23. Brown is 21.   Tatum had never been in the postseason as he's a rookie and 20. Celtics are the youngest team in the playoffs. 

Simmons will have to play a lot better for them to get back into this. 

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

LeBron has too many questionable postseason moments where his teams were the favorite and he played poorly for me to place him above Jordan but he s making a strong case for #2.

But as a counterargument Jordan never carried teams that were absolute garbage the way LeBron has. If he gets this team to the finals it may be the most mind blowing thing a player has ever done since possibly the Wilt 100 point game, and that was just one game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

But as a counterargument Jordan never carried teams that were absolute garbage the way LeBron has. If he gets this team to the finals it may be the most mind blowing thing a player has ever done since possibly the Wilt 100 point game, and that was just one game.

If you think at 1998 with Pippen having a bad back and Rodman not being the same there wasn't a lot to work with.  Night in and night out MJ at 35-years old carried that team to their final championship. But what LeBron has done is also very impressive. 

Sure but the path to the finals in the east isn't exactly a murderers row. Pacers are a very good team but lack dynamism and the Raptors are a joke at this point. A depleted Celtics likely await. So, incredible performances to drag this team along deserves a lot of credit but quality of opposition is a thing that matters. Saying that, I thought pacers would've won in 7 after seeing the early results there and then I naively thought the Raptors could clean up the scraps but...