DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

The fact that the Knicks could've gotten Rubio for Derrek Rose's corpse but didn't pull the trigger is a great example of why the Knicks are currently a league bottom feeder.

• Like 1

Ugh, guess we're getting Warriors/Cavs AGAIN....  If there was ever a game for Toronto to tell us they were for real, that was it.  And...then they did that...  

I'm not sure there has ever been a #1 seed who is so clearly painfully the underdog in a second round series as the Raptors are.  And I really want them to win, but this is uncharted territory for them.  And it showed.

It just seems so seamless how we've gone from "Cavs dominating the East, no other team is close" to "Lebron putting up unprecedented stat lines for Cavs to eke out victories" to "Cavs winning despite being outscored by 40 points in a series and despite never leading through the first 4 quarters of a game, more firsts for Lebron to add to his HoF resume"

I hate the Jazz from the Stockton Malone days and the Kirilenko Boozer days but I strangely don’t hate the Jingles Mitchell squad so much. Rockets spend too much time thinking they’re better than the other team, and not enough time actually putting in the effort to prove that they’re better, and the Jazz are the kind of team that will punish you for it.

of course it also took Jingles shooting what seemed like 100% from 3 and the rest of the team shooting like 75% for the whole game and their bench scoring like 50 points and the Rockets shot like 27% the whole game and it was still pretty close toward the end. 

And the officiating was terrible. No call on obvious shit, then call ticky tack shit. I thought it was one sided for a bit before I realized they were letting all sorts of shit go for both teams and then calling ridiculous nonsense to the point that all the stars were in foul trouble. Scott Foster and Tony Brothers shouldn’t call another game again in their lives.

Harden will go nuts in Salt Lake. I ain’t worried. Just want the Pelicans to punish GS a bit in NOLA.

32 points, 11 assists and 6 rebounds and they still lose to the Jazz. James Harden is clearly a fraud. Perhaps the fraudiest of frauds.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

32 points, 11 assists and 6 rebounds and they still lose to the Jazz. James Harden is clearly a fraud. Perhaps the fraudiest of frauds.

If only he had 4 more rebounds. 

I hope they explode that team at the end of the year the same way the Hawks went.

Never going to do shit. Plenty of individuals who can add lots to other teams, and keep things interesting, but just don't have what it takes collectively to beat the Cavs, or even if Lebron goes at the end of the year, get close to a top Western conference team.

14 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope they explode that team at the end of the year the same way the Hawks went.

Never going to do shit. Plenty of individuals who can add lots to other teams, and keep things interesting, but just don't have what it takes collectively to beat the Cavs, or even if Lebron goes at the end of the year, get close to a top Western conference team.

Last year or the year before would've been the time to do that. They've signed DeRozan and Lowry to big extensions the past two years respectively. I don't know if they can blow it up.

I want to like the Raptors but I can't because FOREVER BIG COUNTRY and their announcers are the dirt worst. 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Last year or the year before would've been the time to do that. They've signed DeRozan and Lowry to big extensions the past two years respectively. I don't know if they can blow it up.

I want to like the Raptors but I can't because FOREVER BIG COUNTRY and their announcers are the dirt worst. 

I know exactly how you feel. That team moving was total bullshit. I actually saw them play the Knicks in 2000 because they practiced at Purchase College and they gave tickets to students for that game. Knicks won the game and I remember the big thing being a "Free John Starks" chant because he was in limbo with the team he was on then.

Also: only fools bet on preseason games or against LeBron in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Jesus Christ, Toronto.

Also, JESUS CHRIST, BOSTON~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Also also, I would like to submit a motion that all Crying Jordan memes be replaced in the future with Crying Thanos memes. Particularly for teams with purple uniforms.