DVDVR Message Board

I made a Network timeline

GuerrillaMonsoon

If you're wanting to go back and explore a year in wrestling on the Network, I've made this that provides a spreadsheet of what happened when and in what order.

It's pretty basic, and I'm sure someone can add some extra coding to make it a bit more palatable in terms of sorting by promotion, or sorting it down to specific years rather than decades or however. In the interim - here's the basic data for it.

Nonetheless - http://www.filedropper.com/wrestlingtimeline_1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to go through this from start to finish. Someone on Reddit made a better one than mine - https://www.reddit.com/r/squaredcircle/wiki/wwe_network_shows_chron_5

Starting with the Thesz vs Gunkel match from '51. Thesz is old in '51 (35 bur looks 50) , and wrestles for another 40 years after.......working a headlock this long is excruciating. There's a nice counter that looked brutal with just dropping Thesz on his head. Does anyone know whether the autopsy findings of Ox Baker being responsible for Gunkel's death was a work, or a legitimate cause for the hematoma? Gunkel throws a nice forearm.

Match ends with an on the spot diagnosis of a dislocated vertebrae! (while selling his shoulder). It's a good early fuck finish I guess, but wow this was difficult to sit through.

Killer Kowalski vs Duke Keomuka and Mr Moto, handicap match. 

This is such a weird set up given they were all heels at the time (I think?), but Kowalski gets a huge face pop. This seems to be purely to get some local celebrity ring announcer over. It was pretty punch kick, and not particularly watchable. Particularly fuck finish for the time period. Guy who I'm guessing isn't Mabel runs in and lays out Kowalski. I hope it is time travelling Mabel though. That'd be something.

Weird Gorilla Monsoon match from Stampede in 61 is next. Doing a $500 bounty if anyone can pin him in ten minutes gimmick, but bumps heaps for this other guy, constantly going off his feet. Time limit draw and they brawl on, with nothing really gained. Such a weirdly laid out match.