DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/14/18 & 6/21/18

Other stuff probably will move to here or this will move back to other shows and this will be nothing, but I'm assuming it's June 14. and so ends this marathon.

*Taped for Xplosion: Su Yung def. Diamante (w/ LAX)
*Taped for Xplosion: Katarina Leigh (w/ Grado) def. Alisha Edwards
*Taped for Xplosion: Eli Drake def. Fallah Bahh

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 14, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Eddie Edwards vs. Grado (w/ Katarina Leigh) doesn't start as Eddie beats up Grado with the kendo stick. Eddie gets the mic and says he had Sami beaten, bloody and was finally going to end him once and for all but 'he' ruined it. Eddie says 'he' has everybody fooled so he wants to expose him as a fraud. Eddie then calls out Tommy Dreamer to get his fat ass down here. Tommy comes out and tries to reason with Eddie. Dreamer calls Eddie a hypocrite. Eddie asks why Tommy won't let him end Sami. Tommy tells him to move on, he and Alisha haven't spoken in a week. Eddie questions how he knows that and threatens him. Tommy knocks Eddie down but Eddie takes him out with the kendo stick.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Rebel. After the match, Taya cuts a promo on Madison Rayne, saying next week she will welcome Madison back to her kingdom and show her why she is lucha & knockouts royalty.

*The Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley) def. Fallah Bahh & KM after Bahh accidentally hit KM. After the match, KM shoved Bahh down and said he'll always be a loser.

*(Aired from House of Hardcore): Moose def. Eli Drake to become #1 contender to the Impact worlds championship

*Tessa Blanchard def. Kiera Hogan in a No DQ match after a full nelson facebuster on a steel chair.

*El Hijo del Fantasma def. Jake Crist (w/ Dave Crist). After the match, oVe attack but Fantasma fights them off until Sami Callihan runs out and hits him with his baseball bat. oVe look to unmask Fantasma when the lights went out and Pentagon Jr. made the save. Pentagon cleared out Dave & Jake while Sami escaped and they had a staredown.

*Matt Sydal(c) def. Brian Cage via countout to retain the X Division Championship after Kongo Kong & Jimmy Jacobs interfered, sending Cage into the steps. Kongo & Jacobs celebrate with Sydal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 21, 2018

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana) (w/ King) def. Z & E (DJ Z & Andrew Everett)(c) after the Street Sweeper on Everett to WIN the Impact Tag Team Championships! LAX celebrate in the crowd with the titles.

*KM comes out for a promo, says he tried to take Fallah Bahh under his wing but it's all about him so he calls out Bahh. Bahh comes out and talks about KM still acting like a bully and needing to grow up. Bahh says KM won't fight him but a standby wrestler. KM accepts, expecting Richard Justice..

*Scott Steiner def. KM via Steiner Recliner submission

*Madison Rayne def. Taya Valkyrie after the Raynedrop. After the match, Madison cuts a promo about coming home to the Impact Zone, says she wasn't going to return to the ring but momens are meant to be capitalized on. Madison announces that now that she has defeated Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie, she is challenging Su Yung for the knockouts championship at Slammiversary to become a six time champion.

*Pentagon Jr. & El Hijo del Fantasma def. oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) when Pentagon pinned Jake with the Pentagon Driver. After the match, Sami Callihan attacks Pentagon and Fantasma with the bat. They try to unmask Pentagon but Fantasma gets a steel chair to chase them off.

Action packed episode this was, always compelling week to week. Dug the Eddie/Tommy opening, great stuff, I hope it leads to a match and Tommy's not done. Thought Rebel had her best showing yet, wouldn't mind having her back more often and Taya always rules. Fallah & KM made an entertaining team, the front row's thumbs down to Trevor Lee's theme is hilarious. Moose/Eli was pretty good and quick. Tessa/Kiera was a super fun brawl, thought both looked great. I like the setup for Fantasma/Pentagon vs oVe, should be good stuff. Loved the finish to the main event, didn't even notice the count instead of being a super obvious countout. Sydal's been having a great reign so I'm glad they didn't end it and Sydal w/ Jacobs & Kongo could be awesome. Smart way to have Cage's technical first loss. The ending was a super effective angle to finally reveal the mystery attacker. Even though it seemed like everybody back there should still have been close by when Petey got dropped, loved how that all went down. Epic way to debut so they must have high hopes for Kevin Kross.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jamal said:

I agree that this was the best Rebel is looked ever. Glad to see her still at it.

Considering her gawdawful match against Shelly at that One Night Only show that's a pretty low bar to jump over.  Granted, I haven't seen the show yet so I might be in for a pleasant surprise.

That mystery attacker reveal was excellent. Great way to debut Kross. He came off as a dangerous psycho and I'm very intrigued to see where they go next with him. Plus, I love a good cliffhanger. Wrestling TV these days doesn't have enough of those.

And man, what turnaround for IMPACT. The show has become a joy to watch every week. Especially when it comes to stories and character development. Lots of cool stuff going on at the moment.

• Like 3

Eddie's downward spiral turning his focus now on Dreamer will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the coming weeks. Rebel did look better it seems her time in Stardom paid off. Taya vs. Madison next week should be good. The NO DQ match was really good and easily the best match on the show. It was the best Keira has looked in impact and reminded me of the matches she has had in Booker T's promotion in Texas City against Su Yung then Ivelisse in the 2nd Ladies Night Out. The finish to the main event will make the crowd and audience want to see Cage run thru Kong/Jacobs/Sydal in the coming weeks. Hopefully Kevin Kross can live up to the weeks and weeks of hype he has been getting. 

• Like 1

Impact are probably the best promotion in terms of vignettes at the moment.  That Killer Kross debut was outstanding stuff.

I love the LAX and Sami / Eddie segments they have done over the past few months.

if they can get the in ring stuff to match the standard of the pre tape segments then they will be doing ok.  Of course if that ever happens then they will likely shut down the next day because TNA.

• Like 1

Always great to see Big Poppa Pump! Fun tags in the opener and main event. Looking forward to Konnan being back. Thought Madison's promo was pretty solid and a good setup to her challenging for the title.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:38 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Impact are probably the best promotion in terms of vignettes at the moment.  That Killer Kross debut was outstanding stuff.

You know what Killer spelled backwards is, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone actually seen this Killer Kross guy wrestle because I don't believe I have ever heard the guy?   If you are going to build a 2 month angle on this guy and he has the skill level of that guy who was teaming with Crimson or a Rob Terry then that is the kind of garbage that ruins any momentum this company has.  Unless he is a manager that brings in good talent then good.

The opening tag title match rocked and a 2 out of 3 Falls rematch down the line would be great. Eddie has lost his mind and now believes Tommy stole his wife so he is going to HOH to find Tommy. Madison/Taya was good with Rayne debuting a new finisher. The Killer Kross interview package explaining his actions was good. 

• Like 1

Kevin Kross is the real deal. One of the few guys today that exudes danger and violence. He has done some great stuff in AAA that can be found pretty easily online and I'm so glad that Impact is giving him a shot.

• Like 1