DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] April 25, 2018 TV Show

Peck

I loved how efficient the women were used yesterday. We had a bunch of promos from new faces that we are just being introduced to now. But the only "live" segment was Shayna tormenting Dakota Kai. Great way to develop personalities a bit more while also setting up what will likely be the big overarching feud for the next few months as Dakota learns to stand up for herself against NXT's ultimate bully. 

The main event segment was thoroughly nuts. Black was great just cutting off Eric Young's rambling and holding up the title. 

The Undisputed Era is beyond corny. Roddy Strong was interesting when he had the heavily edited "family man" promos to explain his backstory. But a live mic? He is such a geek. 

Dakota is going to fucking snap and when that happens, it's going to be great.

I can't take Roddy's promo's seriously. I haven't been able to since Eastbound and Down premiered. He sounds EXACTLY like Stevie. You can't sound or look tough when you sound like that. I still like him in TUE, but just don't put a mic in his hands. Let Cole and the other two weirdos do the talking.

Loved Black just holding the title up while EY was rambling. It's one of those times where less is more with Black. I've never seen someone just cut off another wrestler by granting them a match. Like, ok, I get it, here's your title shot because I can't stand listening to you ramble on.

I don't see a need for Tino now that they have EC3. EC3 pulls off the gimmick better and is better in the ring. That isn't saying much because Tino sucks, but Tino makes me think of Bull when KO came in.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see where they go if anywhere with Tino. He is probably more EC3's gimmick than EC3 is in reality.

Hope we get Lorcan and Burchill going for the tag belts.

Ciampa's attack on Gargano and subsequent waving goodbye as Gargano was taken away int he ambulance was great.

I continue to love Kai more or less being Shayna's victim. Kai looks like she wants to go into a fetal position every time Shayna shows up. Its is going to be awesome when Kai finally reaches her breaking point and goes after Shayna on her own.

• Like 1

Additional thought regarding Kai and Shayna, maybe we have this figured out all wrong. We're all expecting Kai to say enough is enough and fight back.

Instead, maybe Kai is Reek and when you think she's going to fight back, she instead turns into Shayna's abused lackey.

• Like 2

Another batch of new chapters starting up on this episode. With the recent call-ups, I expect at least a couple more.

I hope they get Tino a new partner or bring him into a stable. He's got such great arrogant scumbag charisma, it'll be a shame to not use it.

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

I get anxiety every time Black does that lionsault into the sit down spot. Strong Hayabusa flashbacks 

Agreed. He’s got such a low trajectory on that I get worried. His subsequent moonsault to a standing Young was much more normal looking. Hopefully he changes it up on the main roster because I feel the ropes are much loose than in NXT.

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

I get anxiety every time Black does that lionsault into the sit down spot. Strong Hayabusa flashbacks 

Yeah, my heart skips every time he does it.  I honestly think it is because he "no hands" it and it looks like he isn't nearly stable enough on the take off.

The lionsault he did in the match with EY was the scariest one he's done. I gasped because of how close he came to spiking himself. If he launched straight up and instead of out then I wouldn't worry as much. Plus, it's another one of those things where the more it's done the more ordinary it looks. Shit looks better when you bust it out every once in awhile.

12 minutes ago, Robert s said:

No love for Mauro using the line "Cole may be slimier than John Cena at the Kids' Choice Awards, but..."? I hope Cena does not watch NXT or otherwise Mauro will be a goner for good.

Considering Cena was slimed at the show I hope they realize that's what he was referring to and nothing more.  But considering how the company can be you never know.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Robert s said:

No love for Mauro using the line "Cole may be slimier than John Cena at the Kids' Choice Awards, but..."? I hope Cena does not watch NXT or otherwise Mauro will be a goner for good.

If he was going to make that kind of joke, he could have just used Dan Schneider's name.

The match with Black was a pretty strong way to close out Eric Young's NXT run.  He never really gets talked about because of all the bigger names on the roster, but he worked his ass off and always held his own against more talented workers.  It was a good run for him, and I think he more than earned his career resurgence.

14 hours ago, Robert s said:

He was literally slimed? Damn, now the line suddenly becomes really lame.

Dude, it's Nickelodeon. Of course he was slimed. If he didn't get slimed, it wouldn't be Nickelodeon.

I'm more annoyed people don't get water dumped on them when they say, "I don't kn..." Hah, not going to catch me saying that!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dude, it's Nickelodeon. Of course he was slimed. If he didn't get slimed, it wouldn't be Nickelodeon.

I'm more annoyed people don't get water dumped on them when they say, "I don't kn..." Hah, not going to catch me saying that!

Sorry, I know nothing about Nickelodeon except that it's a TV channel for children. Apparently there is a German version nowadays, but there was none when I was a kid (disregarding the fact that we did not have a dish (or cable) until I was 14 or so anway).

Ohhhhh, ok, that explains a lot. Yes, for decades now, getting green slime dumped on you from way up above has been a staple of Nickelodeon TV. I might be wrong, but I believe it started with a TV show called "You Can't Do That On Television" back in the 80s. Then more shows incorporated the green slime to the point where it became the thing Nickelodeon was known for.

All of those shows are gone now, but Nickelodeon still uses the slime for big events, like the Kids Choice Awards. It's cute and funny.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

They'd get slimed if they said "I don't know"

They'd get "watered" if they said the word "water"

• Like 1