DVDVR Message Board

NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco

matt925

I'm down for a double header AXS special
Haku vs. Cody (or Kenny)
Jay White vs Josh Barnett

Throw in a Jericho title defense too. On the real though I doubt it'll actually happen, they could put over Jay beating Barnett as a big deal.

This is just wishful thinking but if they did run an AXS Special with Barnett wrestling as one of the special attractions being that he is a Seattle Native I'd like from them to run it in the Great Seattle Area. 

The ShoWare Center in Kent which is like idk 25-30 minutes south of Seattle holds 7,600 for concerts. They can easily run the show there. TNA ran 3 house shows there in '09, '11 and '12. Thanks to Defy's valiant efforts in the last year and half the pro wrestling scene is growing in the PNW. I think a New Japan show at the ShoWare could draw very well.

And on the Jericho thing IF Jericho is to ever wrestle for another promotion on North American soil it would be after Vince passes away.

• Like 1

Amongst today's wrestling updates is that JR went to NJPW (officials/agents?) about keeping wrestlers away from their specific corner; knowing how much NJ guys like to work outside the ring with the barriers, etc. I bet it wasn't a work, but NOT knowing the extent of JR's rib injury, Jay White sold it, mocking JR and Barnett; Barnett being a pro, also sold it and went after White. 

JR is beloved, these kids wouldn't purposely hurt him.  

Hypothetically,  I could see someone labeled as a flippy spot monkey being resentful over JR and others constantly complain8ng about their style and giving him a receipt. Not necessarily an injury, but maybe causing him to take a bump or having a pitcher on the ringside table dumped on him. That type of thing was not that uncommon in the old days. 

If someone was to do that, it sure as hell wouldn't be Juice or Jay White.   Guessing the most likely scenario is Juice or Jay forgot, and then everyone improvised.  Just hoping Juice or Jay don't get punished for anything.

If it's a full work, and leads to say, White vs Barnett at WK, it's a solid high-profile match for Jay at WK.

Also hoping the news on Hiromu means the broken neck isn't as bad as it could be, hopefully just a hairline fracture or something.

2 hours ago, BNosanchuk said:

Amongst today's wrestling updates is that JR went to NJPW (officials/agents?) about keeping wrestlers away from their specific corner; knowing how much NJ guys like to work outside the ring with the barriers, etc. I bet it wasn't a work, but NOT knowing the extent of JR's rib injury, Jay White sold it, mocking JR and Barnett; Barnett being a pro, also sold it and went after White. 

JR is beloved, these kids wouldn't purposely hurt him.  

Just have that be the area they put Brody King at ringside. (I'm assuming he was at ringside this show as well, he was during the LB shows) 

This would imply... GOD, Henare, Cobb, Fale... throw in a junior or two and that's pretty formidable. Dividing stables on ethnic lines is obviously potentially uncomfortable, though the not-so-subtext of "New Japan favors the white guys who fit a narrow and comfortable description of foreigner in Japan, and cater to the mostly white nerd North American audience--we're done getting passed over for by a succession of them" is pretty effective. 

Edit: I guess Ishimori would be the junior, since Tama brought him in. In any case, Cobb vs Omega has never happened, has it? That would be tremendous. I also think Kenny bumping around for Fale for about 15 minutes would rule (assuming he's willing to work a shorter, relatively linear title match), and that feels likely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jay White has the most punchable face in wrestling now. I approve of him just being a piece of shit for a heel.

The knife pervert has come into his own and I'm loving it. The kid is a great natural heel and he finally got to show his wrestling chops have made it to the big time as well. 

They've finally hit on a way to get people to care about Goto, have him wrestle a beloved local boy and let him heel it up, pure gold.

• Like 1

Knife Pervert actually showed the potential in this match that others said he had all along, but he still needs to stop using the crucifix elbows.  They look like shit.  Don't do a signature spot that looks like shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Knife Pervert actually showed the potential in this match that others said he had all along, but he still needs to stop using the crucifix elbows.  They look like shit.  Don't do a signature spot that looks like shit.

Agreed, there's a million things he could do instead that wouldn't look as bad. Still, overall this is a minor quibble. He's no Pete Dunne, but the kid is good and will likely get a lot better.

Njpw posted that Hiromu is back in japan and receiving treatment. Apparently someone tracked down the hospital he was staying at and posted on line (and received a swift internet beat down) so they delayed posting any updates so he could get through the airport ok. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:03 AM, Beech27 said:

This would imply... GOD, Henare, Cobb, Fale... throw in a junior or two and that's pretty formidable.

I'd like to see Cobb as the one to stand on his own and turn down the offer to join the Polynesia Triangle, leading to him becoming a huge babyface.