DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/24/18

This is all sorts of out of order by this point, just going with how it's taped.

*Taped for Xplosion: Katarina Leigh def. Scarlett Bordeaux
*Taped for Xplosion: Grado def. Rohit Raju

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 24, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) (w/ Sami Callihan) def. Aerostar & Drago via DQ when Eddie Edwards interfered to attack oVe. Eddie chokes out Sami with a kendo stick until security pulls him off. Alisha runs out yelling at Eddie to stop and that it's over. Eddie then destroys the security guards with the kendo stick.

*Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana)

*Matt Sydal(c) def. El Hijo del Fantasma to retain the X Division Championship

*Dezmond Xavier def. Petey Williams

*Moose def. Kongo Kong after a Spear

The opening recap video of last week did a great job making everything feel like a big deal. Solid wrestling all night with really good little bits to continue angles all around, great job building up next week as a big show as usual. Also dig how much they emphasized the importance of managers. Loving all the stories up and down the card, and super intrigued to see what ends up behind the mystery attacker deal.

• Like 1

I love the evolution of Matt Sydal, from a yoga practitioner to becoming overly obnoxious and preachy about his beliefs. At some point, Sydal and Austin Aries need a run with the tag titles to preach their yogi, vegan lifestyles some more. I want Homicide and Eddie Kingston trying to shank them when the preaching gets too out of control.

• Like 4

I got to hear Scott Steiner shout “DIDDLY SQUAT”.

this show gets 5 stars for that alone!

Good to see King back, I love Eddie Kingston.  They need to use him more.

they are getting back to what Impact always did well, Good cruiser matches, using the women totally different to WWE and an interesting upper mid card - main event.  

They just never seem to have that break out super star main eventer at the right time.  I feel like they are building Cage for it and I just pray they don’t “TNA” his push.

• Like 4

Don Callis being back on commentary added to the show. Eddie Edwards' downward spiral continues with him not listening to his wife's pleas. Madison and Tessa had a good verbal exchange to set up the match next week. Sydal vs. El Hijo was good but I think Petey vs. Desmond was a better match. Kingston returning to TV was great and Jacobs getting attacked by the Mystery attacker adds to that angle which will be interesting to see how it plays out. Allie going full Slayer mode much to Rosemary's wishes will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2018 at 12:22 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Don Callis being back on commentary added to the show. Eddie Edwards' downward spiral continues with him not listening to his wife's pleas. Madison and Tessa had a good verbal exchange to set up the match next week. Sydal vs. El Hijo was good but I think Petey vs. Desmond was a better match. Kingston returning to TV was great and Jacobs getting attacked by the Mystery attacker adds to that angle which will be interesting to see how it plays out. Allie going full Slayer mode much to Rosemary's wishes will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I'm very interested to see how darkside Allie fares against Su tonight.  The build to their match has been one of my favorite parts of Impact.  Also like that Kingston is the guy to tell LAX that everything's fine and they need to get their shit together.  I can't wait to see them fucking shit up and getting back to the good life.

• Like 2