DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: Under Pressure Spoilers for 5/31/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Petey Williams def. Jake Crist after the Canadian Destroyer

Impact Wrestling: Under Pressure - Airing May 31, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Eli Drake def. Scott Steiner after a steel chair shot

*Madison Rayne def. Tessa Blanchard. with a rollup

*Brian Cage def. Dezmond Xavier after the Drillclaw

*Su Yung (w/ The Legion of Undead Bridesmaids) def. Allie(c) (wearing Rosemary paint) in a Last Rites casket match to WIN the knockouts championship!

*Austin Aries def. Pentagon Jr.(c) after a low blow behind the ref's back to WIN the Impact World Championship! They went to a double countout but Aries said it was bullshit and they need a decisive winner so the match was restarted. They went to a double countout again but Pentagon cut a promo in Spanish and the match was restarted again with Aries regaining the title.

• 2 weeks later...

Even better not to see Eddie with a bullshit gimmick. 

I will finally get to see the Su Yung championship match and sadly watch Pentagon Jr get screwed out of the title.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Even better not to see Eddie with a bullshit gimmick. 

I will finally get to see the Su Yung championship match and sadly watch Pentagon Jr get screwed out of the title.

Just to point out on Kingston, I think the LAX match is getting pushed to next week, though not 100% sure. Looking forward to the stacked lineup tonight, great build.

Eli/Steiner and Madison/Tessa were both short but very solid. Absolutely loved everything Su/Allie from the amazing feud video pre-match to Allie entering to Rosemary's music, match pretty much fit the story perfectly and Su is one of the best characters going, always providing great visuals with her look and the legion of bridesmaids. Aries/Pentagon was a lot of fun and their best match together so far. Package piledriver on the apron looked sick. Finish was a fantastic heel move from Aries. Good stuff always leaving more to look forward to.

• Like 3

Why is Scott Steiner still wrestling in 2018? His promos are ok but no need for him to be in the ring every week. At least Eli won. Enjoyed the show for the most part. I'm not the biggest Allie fan but she works well with Su.  The main event was nice but the finish made Pentagon looks like an idiot. I guess he's coming back for a rematch starting with the tapings on Friday. Also, I usually FF through LAX segments so when did Konnan, Diamante, and Homicide leave LAX? Eddie Kingston is a damn good replacement tho.

This was a pretty amazing card.  I had to remind myself I was watching TAFKA TNA.

The shit finish of the Pentagon / Aries match did piss me off a little, though.

• Like 1

I enjoyed both Knockouts matches. Tessa looked really good against Madison and I look forward to this feud continuing.

Allie/Su Yung was also really good. Glad to have this in front of a crowd that was actually vocal. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Why is Scott Steiner still wrestling in 2018? His promos are ok but no need for him to be in the ring every week. At least Eli won. Enjoyed the show for the most part. I'm not the biggest Allie fan but she works well with Su.  The main event was nice but the finish made Pentagon looks like an idiot. I guess he's coming back for a rematch starting with the tapings on Friday. Also, I usually FF through LAX segments so when did Konnan, Diamante, and Homicide leave LAX? Eddie Kingston is a damn good replacement tho.

Diamante tore her ACL last July and had been out ever since, she did appear at these tapings in I believe an Xplosion match. Konnan in storyline got mysteriously jumped (off screen) at the end of April which had led to LAX being on a losing streak without him ever since, now Kingston has showed up to fill the role. Homicide has always been in and out, when he's not there they usually say he's "taking care of LAX business in Mexico" or something along those lines. Kingston told LAX last week that Konnan was in a safe place now and that Homicide was with him.

I hope Steiner sticks around and doesn't just fade away after this.

Kings really great in this role, playing an underboss who is gunning for the top, would love to see an LAX civil war between him and Konnan.

I hope the X in the mystery assassin angle is a call back from years of old!

Decent show and they stayed true to their TNA roots by that bullshit finish in the main event.

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Kings really great in this role, playing an underboss who is gunning for the top, would love to see an LAX civil war between him and Konnan.

I hope the X in the mystery assassin angle is a call back from years of old!

Decent show and they stayed true to their TNA roots by that bullshit finish in the main event.

Now, you've got my hopes up that PCO is behind the attacks.

• Like 1

It wasn't overall as good as Crossroads but it was top to bottom the best Wrestling TV show this week just edging out 205 Live. Tessa vs. Rayne was good and the story worked of Tessa being super cocky which lead to her downfall not accounting for Rayne's Veteran tricks. Xavier vs. Cage was short but good with Xavier getting some shine while Cage looks like world beater. Last Rites was amazing with all the pre match and post match antics it will be interesting to see what both women do leading up to the PPV. Next week I guess Sami and Eddie are going to try to Kill each other in the Orlando woods. Aries vs. Pentagon was going amazingly then all the booking kicked in but at least we got a Full Heel Turn by Aries which fits with what he did on this week's ROH TV episode. 

• Like 1