DVDVR Message Board

I.... MAY.... have upgraded the board

RIPPA

Sorry about that. I was running the new upgrade and the guys renovating my apartment decided that was the prime time to cut my internet.

It should - SHOULD - be okay now.

This was a full board upgrade so expect weird shit. Namely expect NONE of the skins (except the default) to work until I can find updates for them.

Yeah... carry on.

4 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

My day at work went so much slower while the site was down

It went slower for me, but it's amazing how much work I got done in the past couple hours.  So yay productivity, I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It's really slow right now

Matt just mentioned the same thing to me but I am not having any issues so that means I have to figure out what it is isolated too.

I mean I already know we are pushing the limits of the server so we shall see what is smoking.

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Just delete all posts older than a week. Nothing will be lost!

That would probably be strangely comforting.  it's been a couple years since there was a prolonged board crash/total purge/start over from scratch.  It just doesn't feel like the DVR we all know and love if the board isn't down for at least one week out of the year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

There’s a weird issue with images on mobile right now for me. They are rather large and end up out of the post box. Anyone else?

Is it all threads or just a specific one?

The reason I ask is that sometimes a single post will break the table but it is usually confined to just that thread

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

There’s a weird issue with images on mobile right now for me. They are rather large and end up out of the post box. Anyone else?

This happened to me before the upgrade too. I think it's how some posters upload the pictures because it's usually the same people's posts. 

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is it all threads or just a specific one?

The reason I ask is that sometimes a single post will break the table but it is usually confined to just that thread

It’s not all threads. Just the obvious ones, like the photos and gifs thread. 

It’s still happening. Like most, I’ve always been pasting the URL and it automatically placed the photo in the post. However now, it’s gigantic again. It was fine until yesterday, so I dunno. 

The plain text thing I thought only applied to posting Tweets, so they’d show up instead of having to click the link. 

I mean, it doesn’t ruin the board or anything for me, it’s just weird that this issue popped up. 

I blame Big Cass. 

@RIPPA  often on forums, including this one, I use pixhost.org because it's an easy way to generate a thumbnail. That way I can post a pic at 400 or 500 instead of full size. 

Could that code be breaking something, causing the pics to render full size sometimes?