DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 4/24/2018 - No Speak Aiden English

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Hagan said:

The booking of Daniel Bryan is just truly awful. It's back to the underdog, little man who gets laid out shit. What a fucking terrible way to present him after all this. 

I disagree. I think the booking of Daniel Bryan is fine right now. You have Styles/Nakamura busy for the WWE title and you have a babyface Jeff Hardy with the U.S. title. There's no space for D-Bry right now. So why not put him with a guy who hasn't clicked but you have high hopes for. If Daniel Bryan can't help Big Cass after a three month feud then there's nothing there with Cass and he can be future endeavored by the time the post SummerSlam NXT call ups happen.

• Like 2

I'm already looking forward to seeing that band play Nak out to the ring at a PPV.

Cass is honestly underrated on the mic (that period in NXT several years ago while Enzo was injured showed he can hold his own in promos) and while he isn't that good in the ring, if anyone can get something watchable out of him it's Bryan.

Who else do you saddle him with? The only available person is Rusev since I guess they're saving Miz/Bryan for a bigger PPV. And they most likely don't want to put Rusev and Bryan together long-term in fear of hurting the Rusev Day sales. You don't want to pair Almas and Bryan together since you'd likely want to have Almas win his first feud.

Bryan vs Cass is actually a good feud for both of them. Bryan is just coming back from 3 years of inactivity, he's best as the undersized face. You have a big guy with sans the ill fitting suit has a good look but isn't a proven solo act yet that has just came back from injury, also he has been face for most of his time on TV sans a month (NXT counts but doesn't count at the same time) and they want to establish him as a heel. You do the bully vs the underdog. Cass can get heat on Bryan and get the heel act over on a guy who they will boo him against. It gives Bryan something to do before him and Miz square off at SummerSlam.

The women's tag was nice while it lasted. Really dug the Carmella/Charlotte segment. If Carmella was a better wrestler I would love to see he eign last a few months. Still right now I would rather see Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, and IIconic feuding over the belt.

Cass's promo started off nice, faltered a bit, but picked up again by the end. Never really been interested in Cass on his own, but I'm sure Bryan will get something decent to of him. Still I wanted Bryan/Miz sooner than later.

Dug Naomi helping her man win. It was about time someone got one over the Bludgeon Brothers. Still poor Usos are going to die horribly come Friday.

Love Nakamura's new entrance. That post match attack was just wonderful. Nakamura comes across as such an sleazy bastard with that grin.

2 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Who else do you saddle him with? The only available person is Rusev since I guess they're saving Miz/Bryan for a bigger PPV. And they most likely don't want to put Rusev and Bryan together long-term in fear of hurting the Rusev Day sales. You don't want to pair Almas and Bryan together since you'd likely want to have Almas win his first feud.

They insist on keeping Rusev heel so if you give me the choice of having Rusev occupy an upper midcard heel slot or Big Cass,   I mean it's no contest.  Rusev working with Bryan wouldn't hurt him or the merchandise.  People don't necessarily care if Rusev is a heel or face they just want the company to use him.  

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't doubt that Bryan can get something good out of Cass.  The annoying part of it is that there are so many interesting feuds Bryan could be involved with and they saddle him with this.  

I mean it could be as simple as them wanting to ease DB back into full time. He’s not going to wrestle a five star thirty minute head dump match with Cass, he’s going to work simpler.

That and DB is set for life. Dude can lose a thousand times to Cass in a row, then be believable fighting Styles the week after for the title.

It’s DB’s strength, he can put anyone over clean then leap back into main events with ease. So why not use that to get other guys over?  

Makes perfect sense to be put in this feud as it helps elevate a returning prospect.

Why Big Cass thought wearing a suit when talking to the Miz was a good idea is beyond me though, the segment looked like the head of sales doing a pitch with his assistant in tow. Leather jacket, jeans, cowboy boots, there you go Big Cass, you've automatically gone from chump to bad ass

8 hours ago, Hagan said:

The booking of Daniel Bryan is just truly awful. It's back to the underdog, little man who gets laid out shit. What a fucking terrible way to present him after all this. 

Right much more important to put him over the whole roster so he can derail the whole company for the 3rd time.  

• Haha 2