DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 4/24/2018 - No Speak Aiden English

Dolfan in NYC

Everyone is sleeping on Graves actually explaining how Nak got the new theme because he didn't want the fans singing along anymore. That's next-level heel work.

EDIT: That and the song title going from "Rising Sun" to "Shadows of a Setting Sun."

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Glad to see Big Cass hasn't changed at all because of his injury.

Previous to his injury, he spent most of his time standing next to an even bigger dork, so it wasn’t so noticeable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whoever thought that Cass' entrance for that segment should have been him coming out to waste time struggling to put on a suit jacket he didn't try on previously and a watch should be fired. Alternatively, he could have been ribbed, but even then, he's an idiot for not noticing beforehand that one sleeve was shorter than the other. The only way it would have made sense is if he were wearing sneakers and had the other sleeve pushed up to pay tribute to Phil Collins and even then...

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Whoever thought that Cass' entrance for that segment should have been him coming out to waste time struggling to put on a suit jacket he didn't try on previously and a watch should be fired. Alternatively, he could have been ribbed, but even then, he's an idiot for not noticing beforehand that one sleeve was shorter than the other. The only way it would have made sense is if he were wearing sneakers and had the other sleeve pushed up to pay tribute to Phil Collins and even then...

If he were paying tribute to Phil Collins, he'd know that there's No Jacket Required.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I mean they were going for "Cass was putting on his jacket and watch after having viciously attacked Daniel Bryan from behind".

But without the Bryan attack being known until later, it just looked like "Cass coming out to zero reaction, putting on shit Men's Wearhouse just finished altering".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I understand the idea of giving Bryan a feud with a mid carder, because Bryan alone is a big match. Its why the Road Warriors were rarely tag champs. You get your Roadies match and a tag title match. But they should really be getting the most from him right now, since they don't know how long they have him. Do a big build to the Miz match and have Bryan destroy him. Then do Nakamura, Joe, Jeff Hardy and AJ. This is why I hate the Brand Split, we are artificially losing big matches. Things like Bryan vs Braun or Balor or even Seth Rollins. 

We have this sit on the pot culture in entertainment. Nobody focuses on doing the big thing now. Instead everything is about whatever is next. 

Also Nakamura's new theme is great.

• Like 1

Bryan's return will work out okay, unless the stick him in there with some green, uncoordinated lunkhead who doesn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch.

So, re sign yourself to Daniel Bryan being killed in his first match with Big Ass.

• Haha 2

For those who wanted to know, here are the actual lyrics to Nakamura's new theme song......

I always believed that this day would come

Now I am myself again

Destroying the policy of the empire

It's the definition of what I'm going to get

It's absurd that you question me

It does not matter how the combat ends

the result of my game is the top

a god without anyone in this world

Do you not understand my strength?

Do not you understand that I am NUMBER ONE?

Wake up, move forward

You are afraid of me

We're going to fix this in one fell swoop, I'm your nightmare

Looking into your eyes I can know what you think

It does not make sense that you try to escape

I will not run away or hide

If I am a god, you must be a corpse

If I find you, it's hard to regret

Do not you understand that I am NUMBER ONE?

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm really happy that BossMoz finally took off.

I get the logic behind Cass/Bryan, but it would be way more fun if Bryan wasn't feuding with someone so shitty. Or if they'd just gone the obvious "Miz's lackey" route.

I was talking with someone before Mania over who WWE likely would try to avoid putting Daniel Bryan in the ring with to try and protect him as best as possible (i.e. get the most out of him as possible) and I think we had Big Cass as the #2 guy to avoid putting him in there with (#1 was Sheamus for the obvious reasons).  We figured the common sense thing was to keep him away from anyone too inexperienced who would hence be more prone to screwing something up and... well Cass is inexperienced, awkward in the ring and has had trouble hitting his own finish on multiple occasions.  The odds of him just straight kicking Bryan in the face or dropping him on top of his head on even the most basic of spots seems rather high.

DB is going to call that entire match. So it’s his own fault if he lets Cass try anything he can’t do. Really it should be a simple match riding off fans urging DB to make comebacks.

I mean they can just use Benoit vs Meng as a template. Not that Cass is close to Meng in terms of ring work, but it’s a great big guy small guy template.

Plus anytime I can reference Benoit’s monster pop for finally beating Meng I’m happy. That was a Hell of a mini feud. Meng was really underrated in ring. 

This is @Matt D's fault for the putting the idea in my head, but imagine how much more exciting this would be if Cass was Ziggler's muscle and Drew was feuding with Bryan. You wouldn't even need to change a damn thing in this story. Drew came back from injury the day before Cass did even.

Although, God help me, I've kinda enjoyed Drew and Dolph these two weeks. Dolph in a tag team might help him a lot, and Drew will make just about anything worth watching.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It will prob turn out to be DB's idea to work with Cass.

Insert brain damage joke here.

Nah, even before the head injuries, Bryan was always a big supporter of the working Cass.

(ban me if you must)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Nah, even before the head injuries, Bryan was always a big supporter of the working Cass.

(ban me if you must)

There are fates worse than death.  See your title. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5