DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/17/18

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 17, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Z & E (DJ Z & Andrew Everett) def. Eli Drake & Scott Steiner(c) after Steiner accidentally hit Eli with a steel chair, to WIN the Impact Tag Team Championships!

*Tessa Blanchard def. Kiera Hogan. After the match, Tessa beats up Kiera until Madison Rayne (who did commentary) makes the save.

*Kongo Kong (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) def. Grado (w/ Katarina Leigh aka Winter/Katie Lea). After the match, Katarina left Grado. Kongo beats down Grado until Moose runs out for the save.

*(Aired from House of Hardcore 41): Eddie Edwards def. Sami Callihan in a street fight. After the match, Eddie choked Sami with the bat until being forced off.

*(Aired from Destiny World Wrestling in Canada): Brian Cage def. Facade

*Pentagon Jr. & El Hijo del Fantasma def. Austin Aries & Matt Sydal when Fantasma pinned Sydal

Sad to see Eli & Steiner lose the titles so soon and quickly. Z & E make a great team and I'm glad to see Everett win a championship since he never got the X but I was hoping for a much longer Eli/Steiner run. Eddie/Sami was a pretty fun brawl. Loving Grado's theme music and Katarina totally makes the entrance. Solid main event with a pretty awesome finish. The Funeral of Rosemary provided some epic visuals, Su is the best. Lots of stuff set up for the next couple weeks with some stacked lineups, I dig it.

Always good to see Madison Rayne again. Kiera/Tessa was good for what we got of it. Keira made tessa's finisher look like a killer.

Not sure if I missed it or not but has there been any mention of Katarina also having been Winter? 

50 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Not sure if I missed it or not but has there been any mention of Katarina also having been Winter? 

They didn't mention it and I don't see them doing so.  It seems they want to disassociate her from Winter.  But speaking of Katarina I know it hasn't been that long but man does she still look amazing.  And she's doing a good job as the possibly golddigging hot girlfriend with Grado.

Halfway through the show and so far so good.  Kiera makes for a great babyface and I'm hoping they do more with her.  And Eddy/Sami was a fun brawl.

• Like 2

I've been watching a bit the last couple weeks and I have two questions about Su Yung: 1) Can she talk? 2) Can she wrestle?  She's good on the visuals and angles and the like but I honestly haven't seen her talk or wrestle, so is she good?

I haven't watched Impact the last few weeks, and this thread made me google Katarina to see how she's looking these days (fantastic I must say). Which led me to this image from some interview she did on Youtube:

maxresdefault.jpg

Now hopefully dude was just caught mid-blink, cuz if not....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, caley said:

I've been watching a bit the last couple weeks and I have two questions about Su Yung: 1) Can she talk? 2) Can she wrestle?  She's good on the visuals and angles and the like but I honestly haven't seen her talk or wrestle, so is she good?

Yeah she can talk and work. If you do a search for her on youtube you can find matches of her in the undead bride gimmick. 

Z and E should be fun as champions with some of the teams out there. If Drago/Aerostar win next week that could be a title match. Tessa looked good in her wrestling debut and Hogan sold that finisher like death. I'm looking forward to Madison vs. Tessa in 2 weeks at Under pressure. Katarina makes me watch the Grado segments. 

The Street Fight was a good brawl that left meat on the bone for future matches. Rosemary's funeral was great and you know Allie will be out for blood. The main event was great with a hot finish that leads to the two titles matches the next 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

It dawned on me watching the rest of this episode just how much Callis and D'Amore managed to turn the Impact ship around.  They are not the laughing stock they used to be and there's some really good matches/storylines going on.  I'm really pleased to see how well they're doing, now if they can get out of Orlando then they'll be set.  You can tell who's there for the show and who's just park-goers chilling out which to me hurts things.  But the ones there for the show seem louder than before so that's a plus.

• Like 2

It really is good to see.

The shows coming up in Windsor should be really good as they drew a good loud house for ONO a few months back. 

And the venue they picked for Slammiversary looks absolutely awesome. 

• Like 1

Cycling out Alberto and Johnny for the luchadores in the main event helped a lot, even if it still feels a little like they're coasting off Lucha Underground. Even so, they went from "how is this company still alive?" to "not sure what's coming next but it could be really cool" and that's no mean feat.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I think one of the biggest successes is how much they’ve built the knockouts roster. Its dynamic, character driven and deep.

And Tessa is dripping in star appeal.

Agreed. The women's division is the highlight these days and Tessa is a great addition. It's not a super deep roster at the moment but they're doing a lot with it. If they can pick up one or two up and comers to round things out and not rush Allie/Tessa they'll be all set.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 11:21 PM, Hail Sabin said:

I would think maybe he is back for the June 1&2 tapings if not post PPV. 

Taya and Johnny are getting married on June 1 so they won't be at the tapings.