DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 4/23/2018 - The KO/SZ Podcast

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Victator said:

Who could possibly beat Braun and Lashley. Get the New Day's time machine and grab Vader and Hansen. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree this will probably lead to a Lashley/Braun feud which is a perfectly fine holding pattern for Braun until moving into the title picture again.

• Like 2

Alexa camping out on the apron w a t shirt does nothing to dispel the surgery rumors. I hope she’s ok. KO’s selljob was incredible. Seth Rollins and Finn Balor do nothing for me. Jose/Corbin should be the bees knees...

44 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Bobby Roode looks like the sort of guy that takes way too much enjoyment in his own dick pics. Like its there, front and centre, but he's all smiling and shit, like fucking beaming about it, and then you notice he's gone way out to groom that shit. Gels, moisturizer and what not. Fuck that guy.  

I haven’t seen the show yet. Sounds like things got weird. 

41 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree this will probably lead to a Lashley/Braun feud which is a perfectly fine holding pattern for Braun until moving into the title picture again.

Braun would kill them releasing fifty percent of his Ki. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Bobby Roode looks like the sort of guy that takes way too much enjoyment in his own dick pics. Like its there, front and centre, but he's all smiling and shit, like fucking beaming about it, and then you notice he's gone way out to groom that shit. Gels, moisturizer and what not. Fuck that guy.  

Everyone admires guys who take pride in their work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Finn > Jose > Corbin > Seth

Sorry Jose is dead last for me. I don't hate him or anything, but I've never really seen much in him. Also its odd I don't think Corbin is better than Seth or Balor, but I enjoy watching him more at this point than the other two.

Man this show was borderline unwatchable for me. Only real highlights were KO's bumping, Alexa's bulletin (Which is dangerous cuz it was so perfectly done that it risks turning Alexa face, especially the more they make Nia talk) and the return of Booker T!

There was so much terrible shit: Gable's cringe-inducing promo where he sucks up to the man who basically kayfabe killed his career, Dolph Ziggler's tan, them cutting off Corbin's entrance, Matt Hardy's theme (that sounds exactly like Finn Balor's) horribly intercut with Bray's, an ongoing Miztourage series of promos that culminates in a heatless match because you just spent the previous 90 minutes making these guys a joke, the incessant GRR promos and name drops, all capped off with a hyped-up main event that is just a set-up for a Ronda Rousey-Nattie romance!  Seriously, the part where she daintily holds Natties hand to help her up (During a match!), while standing perfectly rigid waiting to get kicked while three refs stand, mouths agape (watch the replay, they literally stand there with their mouths open as if Rousey just flew to the ring) watching her help Nattie up was just about the dumbest thing ever. 

This was the kind of Raw that made me think "Eh, even using a dvr to get this thing down to 90 minutes still feels like I could make a better use of my time watching Simpsons/South Park reruns!"  Maybe I'll feel different after this Greatest Royal Rumble nonsense.  I mean I'm used to the two month hard sell of WM but at least after that you get a break.  Raw tonight was like a 3 hour infomercial after two months of incessant infomercials.  

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Still baffles me how they finally get a guy who can do corporate chicken shit heel perfectly... and they book him as a face.

I enjoyed this show a lot.  It wasn't that anything was great...  well Braun was great.  But the show felt fresh.  Lots of different little things,  feuds,  potential feuds.  I think the shake up and NXT call ups were a success even if it's short term.  

Not feeling Wyatt and Hardy at all.  Easily the worst thing on either show right now.  

2 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Still baffles me how they finally get a guy who can do corporate chicken shit heel perfectly... and they book him as a face.

Because NXT marks sang his song... so WWE fans copy them as the done thing in an attempt at belonging and sang his song when he came up to the main roster. Thus, WWE thinks he's a face

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Because NXT marks sang his song... so WWE fans copy them as the done thing in an attempt at belonging and sang his song when he came up to the main roster. Thus, WWE thinks he's a face

Nxt still booked him like a chicken shit heel though: bailing on Tye Dillinger in the Dusty Classic against Sanity, mocking Roderick Strong for being a family man. It's not Roode's fault he has a theme song that is super fun to sing along with or that the booking for the main roster is considerably worse than nxt.

5 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I really need to find a way to work "obsolete mule" into my everyday lexicon.

Be extremely careful about using this to a person of African descent, which Graves seems to not realize could be a very big problem...