DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/3/18

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 3, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Eli Drake opens the show with a promo. Eli says he gave Steiner the night off. Eli announces that Pentagon Jr. has one week as next week he is cashing in his Feast or Fired title shot. Pentagon Jr. comes out and they have a staredown.

*oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) def. Fallah Bahh & KM when Dave pinned Bahh with a rollup

*Kiera Hogan def. Taya Valkyrie via DQ when Tessa Blanchard interfered and attacked Kiera.

*(Aired from WSW in Australia 3/18): Brian Cage def. Brodie Marshall, Mick Moretti, & Slex

*DJ Z, Andrew Everett, & Dezmond Xavier def. Aerostar, Drago, & El Hijo del Fantasma when DJ Z pinned Aerostar after the ZDT in a Lucha Rules six man tag team match.

*Matt Sydal(c) def. Taiji Ishimori to retain the X Division Championship.

*Rosemary vs. Su Yung doesn't get started as Su lays out Rosemary and brings out the Legion of Undead Brides. Allie runs out for the save but gets overwhelmed by the numbers. Yung spits the mist on Rosemary and then gives her the Panic Switch off the stage through a table. Su and two of the brides drag Rosemary back down the ramp and put her in a casket while the other brides hold Allie down and force her to watch.

I love all the different stories and rivalries going on throughout the roster, makes for a super fun show. Really liking the roster they're ending up with at the moment. Thought Tessa looked like an absolute star all around in her more 'official' debut here and Kiera looked good as the underdog babyface. The six man tag was incredible, so many crazy spots and got a great amount of time.. reminded me of a WCW lucha tag, awesome stuff. Sydal/Ishimori also very good again as usual. Laughed out loud at the Josh/Callis exchange about Sydal's third eye. Josh: Some people put a jewel there! Don: What kind of idiot would do that!

The closing segment was fantastic and super effective, loved all of that. I don't know how long they would hold off on an actual Su/Rosemary match but I hope it's even more epic down the line. Both are perfect in their roles and bring a big fight feel when they face off.

DcT9doOWAAAhbSU.jpg

I enjoyed everything involved with the main event/closing segment. Everyone involved is really good in their role and I like the Undead Bridesmaids. 

Tessa shines as a heel and I can see the fans getting behind Kiera much as they did Allie. 

• Like 2

He trios match was a ton of fun and what TNA has always done well,  here's 6 talented cruiser weights, watch hem have a hell of a match.

The ending segment was great and I'm glad they are using the women in a different way than WWE.  Rosemary and Su Yung are fantastic, Allie was great "sorry, not sorry", and the undead brides were great.

decent show, but for some reason I am sick of Matt Sydal, can't explain why but he has "fast forward" heat with me right now

• Like 1

Tessa's Impact debut came off great and she looked like a star. It will be interesting to see what she does on the episodes going forward. 

The Lucha trios match was the Best match on TV this week. The 4 way next week could be great as well. 

The Su vs. Rosemary closing angle was great with Rosemary knowingly and willingly ready to sacrifice herself for her best friend Allie she just doesn't want her to watch. Allie makes the save for her Demon but her Demon pleads with her to leave before it's too late and Su summons her Henchwomen to make Allie watch the Death of Rosemary. 

• Like 1

There were at least three things Andrew Everett did in that 6 man that I thought "I don't think I've seen another wrestler ever do that before?!"  (The huge foot tuck moonsault and that unbelievably dangerous flip over the ropes to get to the other side earlier on and that scary bump he took onto the apron at the finish).   Crazy match that almost went a little too long. 

Also watched the end segment and, while its a little on the cheesy side, everyone is so dedicated to their role that it all works.  The storytelling is honestly on another level with how WWE is booking its women lately.  

• Like 2

I'll always say he should've got a least a short run with the X title last year as the blowoff to the Trevor Lee feud, he was on fire at the time but then it didn't happen and he vanished. Glad he's back in the mix.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:37 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pretty good show. Closing segment and lucha tag were great. Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way is how the commentators talked about Cage. "He let him do that!" Slippery slope there. 

It's a slippery slope, but I kind of liked the narrative that for "lesser" guys Cage is so cocky he'll play around a bit so he has more time to destroy them.  But you do make a very valid point.

And that end segment with Su/Rosemary/Allie segment was tremendous.  It seemed almost like something you'd see on Lucha Underground, only difference is it'd e backstage and have special effects.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's a slippery slope, but I kind of liked the narrative that for "lesser" guys Cage is so cocky he'll play around a bit so he has more time to destroy them.  But you do make a very valid point.

I've always believed Cage is far too giving a performer for someone with his look and presence. And that's a way for commentators to sort of correct for that and make him seem like a machine. But they can easily hit the point of making the other guy look bad and detracting from the story in the ring.

As for Cage's generosity, that just seems to be wrestling today. Everything needs to be competitive, and that's harmful in cases like Cage. 

• Like 3