DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT Redemption PPV (04/21/18)

One of the rare live Impact PPVs occurs tonight. The lineup as of this morning

Impact World Champion Austin Aries defending against Pentagon Jr. and Fenix in a triple threat match
Knockouts Champion Allie defending against Su Yung
Eddie Edwards, Moose & Tommy Dreamer vs. Sami Callihan & OVE (Dave & Jake Crist) in a House of Hardcore match
X Division Champion Matt Sydal defending against Petey Williams
Impact Tag Team Champions LAX (Santana & Ortiz) defending against Eli Drake & Scott Steiner
Aerostar vs. Drago
Taya Valkyrie vs. Kiera Hogan
Brian Cage vs. Taiji Ishimori vs. DJ Z vs. El Hijo Del Fantasma vs. Trevor Lee vs. Dezmond Xavier

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I saw this was on the Fite app and thought “Cool.” Then I saw it was $40 bucks and thought “Ha ha ha no.”

I know some folks built up so much credit during Mania with people using their referral code that they are watching tonight for free

I bought the ppv. I was tipsy and wanted to support it. 

The main event was good but nothing worth going out of your way for, with all the great wrestling we see every week. Aries should retire that ear clap, or work on it. 

The rest of the show had nothing terrible, but nothing that good either. That was a solid house show but not worth buying a ppv for. 

Yeah, Petey retired in July 2014 - returned in July 2017.

Solid show. But wow I did not expect the main event result at all. Kind of sad to see Aries reign end just like that, quick and flat without much to it. Pretty cool finish at least. Wonder where things would've gone had Alberto stayed. Eli & Steiner are awesome together, didn't expect them to win the titles but that ruled. Steiner on fire with the Frankensteiner! Short but fun match. X Division 5 way was a fun spotfest, knew it'd just be to put over Cage but sucked for Dezmond to take the fall in his first match back since his classic with Ishimori a few months back. Good to see DJ Z back finally too. Tessa Blanchard should be an awesome addition to Impact, loved her stuff in the MYC last year. Sydal/Petey was pretty good. House of Hardcore 6 man was wild as expected. Allie/Su was disappointingly short. Su is fantastic.

Full results for anyone who missed it:

*Don Callis debuted on commentary with Josh Mathews.

*Aerostar def. Drago (10:54) after a springboard codebreaker

*Backstage with LAX, revealing that Konnan had been mysteriously taken out.

*Eli Drake & Scott Steiner def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana)(c) (7:56) when Eli pinned Ortiz after the Gravy Train to WIN the Impact Tag Team Championships!

*Brian Cage def. Dezmond Xavier, DJ Z, Taiji Ishimori, & Trevor Lee (12:58) after the Drillclaw on Dezmond

*Taya Valkyrie def. Kiera Hogan (8:07) after the Road to Valhalla. During the match, Tessa Blanchard debuted joining commentary to announce her joining the knockouts division.

*Matt Sydal(c) def. Petey Williams (11:51) to retain the X Division Championship

*oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist, & Sami Callihan) def. Eddie Edwards, Moose, & Tommy Dreamer (12:59) in a House of Hardcore Rules match when Callihan pinned Dreamer with a small package after a low blow. After the match, Edwards bloodied Callihan with a barbed wire bat, duct taped him to the ropes and beat him with a kendo stick. Edwards took out the ref for trying to stop him and shoved down Dreamer for trying to stop him. Dave & Jake tried to come up from behind but got taken out. Alisha Edwards then ran out but Eddie instinctively spun around with the kendo stick and accidentally knocked her out as well.

*Allie(c) def. Su Yung (w/ Braxton Sutter) (7:20) with a sunset flip to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Braxton tried to tell Su he could fix this and proposed to her with the same things he said to Laurel and Allie. Su spit red mist in his face and then choked him out with The Purge mandible claw.

*It is announced that Impact Wrestling Slammiversary will take place on July 22 from the Rebel Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

*Pentagon Jr. def. Austin Aries(c) & Fenix (16:30) with the Pentagon Driver on Aries to WIN the Impact Wrestling World Championship!

10 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Kind of sad to see Aries reign end just like that, quick and flat without much to it. P

And he got his arm "broken", feels a bit like he is getting written out.

Anyway, I felt like the show nothing special outside of Edwards/Callihan part. Generally speaking I don't like hardcore stuff and I wouldn't mind if I never saw another hardcore match again. But, I think that it did what it had to do and progressed things further. And I liked that.

Overall match quality was decent, but these days decent just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

I swear, there's always something in TNA to bring me back for at least a few episodes. I may as well track down this show and see a few episodes of Pentagon Jr's run as champ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I swear, there's always something in TNA to bring me back for at least a few episodes. I may as well track down this show and see a few episodes of Pentagon Jr's run as champ.

Daily motion has it up