DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] April 18, 2018 TV Show

Craig H

Lars Sullivan needs to never be shot from beneath again.  I didn't know it was possible to make him more ugly.  

(Full disclosure - As a man into bears... The No DQ match --- oh my.)

47kwl.gif&key=634633ca8b55d8e991c11af4ce

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Lars/Killian is the best. Two big dudes just beating the hell out of each other with a bunch of garbage for like 10 minutes or so? Put that on my television every week, please. I like the story of the ending with Dane just biting off a bit too much when thinking he could do a Van Damniator and getting caught by Lars.

War Raiders were also great. Damn, I want to see them vs. Bludgeon Brothers so badly. Or, even better, I want to see them and The Bludgeons on the same team in Survivor Series and eat up a bunch of skinny babyfaces.

More Kona Reeves, too. I love any heel who brags about the glory of his hair. 

• Like 2

Another great hour of television from Full Sail.  Candace never connected with me on the indy scene,  maybe I didn't see enough of her.  But I think she's come across very likable and easy to root for in NXT.  She could be a big babyface on the main rosters.  

Zelina Vega could be a top heel too but I prefer she stay with Almas and they do their act for a while. 

Those two dudes who were mauled by War Raiders were excellent in selling death. 

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

(Full disclosure - As a man into bears... The No DQ match --- oh my.)

Side tangent but this reminds me that if you have never watched Dain (as Big Damo) vs. Dave Mastiff - you should

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Copy+pasting an Ikemen Jiro gimmick into NXT could probably work, but he's... not especially hot. So. That's a problem.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Dude doesn't have the looks for what they're going for.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Lars Sullivan needs to always be shot from beneath.  I didn't know it was possible to make him more ugly.

FTFY as I loved everything about that.  He should be super ugly and mean-looking and the more it brings that across the more I fall in love with it.  And that was a fun match with Dain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

Copy+pasting an Ikemen Jiro gimmick into NXT could probably work, but he's... not especially hot. So. That's a problem.

Seems like that’d be perfect for a heel. Delusional guy who thinks he’s way hotter than he is. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Log said:

Seems like that’d be perfect for a heel. Delusional guy who thinks he’s way hotter than he is. 

That's fair. Bo Dallas as aspiring Instagram model, rather than cornball inspo poster, could work for sure, if that is the direction it goes.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I might be crazy, and this isn't a knock on Lars, but I really think Dain is the better monster hoss.

I think you're half right... Dain is the better pure hoss, but the duality of the soft-spoken erudite Lars when out of the ring to the vicious fiend in ring makes Lars the better monster. If that makes any sense.

• Like 4

Dain's certainly a better wrestler, but his gimmick - pseudo-anarchist but also pseudo-Viking but also bagpipes - mutes the hossitude a little. Lars is just a weird ugly guy in plain tights tossing people around and grimacing. Perfect.

I love Dain way more than Lars. I could see Dain as WWE or Universal champ before I could see Lars in that position. And I see Dain as the better hoss and monster. Lars is really good, but Dain is on such another level. Caveat, Dain has been at this for longer than Lars so if Lars is already at this level, who knows what his ceiling will be.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I love Dain way more than Lars. I could see Dain as WWE or Universal champ before I could see Lars in that position. And I see Dain as the better hoss and monster. Lars is really good, but Dain is on such another level. Caveat, Dain has been at this for longer than Lars so if Lars is already at this level, who knows what his ceiling will be.

I think Lars is going to have a relatively short run. His knee brace is worrisome... but i totally think he has potential as the a Gorilla Monsoon for this generation. 

Now I really want to see a booth with Lars and Graves.