DVDVR Message Board

2018 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

I remember when there was a Fast and the Furious movie that came out the first week of May and it wasn’t in the contest and it turned out to be the highest BO of the year (or close to it)

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yep, you put that shit dead last.

*checks old threads*

Okay, you didn't participate in 2015.  That was the year Spy got a 95% RT rating.  People were very upset.

8 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

*checks old threads*

Okay, you didn't participate in 2015.  That was the year Spy got a 95% RT rating.  People were very upset.

Yeah, that was the year I was on night duty for nearly every exercise.  That sucked.

2 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

*checks old threads*

2015 was my highest finish ever

I had Spy nowhere near my list

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, RIPPA said:

I think next year I am going to try and con @S.K.o.S. into doing like a mega 50 entry year long contest

I think 3 separate ones January-April, May-August and September-December are more appealing to me btw.  Would require less spreadsheet reworking.

Imagine those big Christmas movies coming in right at the end of a contest!

A year long pool would drive me nuts, but I could be convinced to participate in a Summer Blockbuster and Holiday Extravaganza balloting.

Truth be told, the Holiday Extravaganza could probably be converted into a Winter Blockbuster Pool and we could set the balloting period to cover from Thanksgiving to the new February hotness now that we have tentpole superhero movie coming out before March.

Edited by J.T.

9 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I think 3 separate ones January-April, May-August and September-December are more appealing to me btw.  Would require less spreadsheet reworking.

Imagine those big Christmas movies coming in right at the end of a contest!

I debated asking you permission to run a Holiday one (which was like Oct-Dec) last year but then was far too lazy to actually do so

Just now, RIPPA said:

I debated asking you permission to run a Holiday one (which was like Oct-Dec) last year but then was far too lazy to actually do so

You'd have to set the suspense date for ballots in like early September.  I have so much shit going on work and family wise from November to the end of January that it isn't funny.  

I barely have time to decide what to eat for dinner.  There's no way I'd have the brain cells to form my horrible opinions into a proper ballot.