DVDVR Message Board

2018 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Why couldn't we have a freebie like Death of a Nation to put dead last on the RT list? 

Because then we’d need to stop and think about this awful world where it could possibly be higher than last on the box office list. It’s within striking distance of Action Point’s opening weekend with half as many screens.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Because then we’d need to stop and think about this awful world where it could possibly be higher than last on the box office list. It’s within striking distance of Action Point’s opening weekend with half as many screens.

And it's doing well in Orange County to boot. BUT I THOUGHT CALIFORNIA WAS LIBERAL?!?!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

And it's doing well in Orange County to boot. BUT I THOUGHT CALIFORNIA WAS LIBERAL?!?!

Allow me to introduce you to our local nazis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meg - with 65 reviews in - is 51%

Fuck

There is a lot of "It is a big dumb movie but since it knows it is a big dumb movie" positive review!

Before the reviews appeared on RT this morning, most of the reviews appeared online around 8 or 9 PM ET last night and were split between "fun, dumb movie" and "dumb movie that isn't as fun as it could be". So I expect it to settle around 40-50%.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:19 PM, RIPPA said:

Holy Shit - It made more money than Skyscraper did this week.

Rock really needs to pack it in

Or let someone who isn't a twelve-year-old pick his scripts.

Rock is one of the biggest, most marketable movie stars in the world.  If Rampage, Skyscraper, and San Andreas are the best scripts landing on his desk.....

1 hour ago, Player One said:

Or let someone who isn't a twelve-year-old pick his scripts.

Rock is one of the biggest, most marketable movie stars in the world.  If Rampage, Skyscraper, and San Andreas are the best scripts landing on his desk.....

Now sure why people keep bringing up San Andreas and Rampage in speculation about The Rock's career being "in decline", as they were actually big hits and made good bank, most assuredly because of The Rock.

Skyscraper was a bomb but it's also not really a modern "summer blockbuster" movie. Release that one in February and it probably would have done much better.

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know the competition isn't as stiff this weekend, but I figured I'd pile on.

Skyscraper opening weekend: $24,905,015 

The Meg projected opening weekend: $40 million

That might be going up..   It's possible The Meg will do north of $40M now.