DVDVR Message Board

Best American and Canadian technical wrestler of all time

Who is the better technical wrestler?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better technical wrestler?

Good morning. In an other forum a user opened a poll about who is the best technical wrestler of all time. Obiouvsly there are a lot of names, however, I chose to put only Bryan Danielson, Bret Hart and Chris Benoit on the poll. 

I decided to not put historical wrestlers, like Bockwinkel, Gagne, Backlund, however it was an other era, and there were not so much footage, so many users here, didn't watch their matches.

Thank you very much

Tie: Matt and Nick Jackson.

Poll could do with some spicing up, both in terms of timeframe and geography. Not everyone here is too lazy to watch some Pat O'Connor.

Of the options, I suppose I most enjoy the stories told by Bret during his peak. And there's also something to be said for being the one among the three who wrestled the style least conducive to brain damage, regardless of how his career ended. 

So what's the deal with this account? Are you the DVDVR version of those Facebook quizzes that are collecting everyone's data? 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If only there was video during the Dean Malenko era.

I know lots of folks give him the short shrift because he was "boring", but that dude might be my favorite wrestler of all time. At least right this second anyway, as "my favorite" seems to be in a constant state of flux depending on what the bulk of my pro wrestling watching consists of at the time.

31 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I know lots of folks give him the short shrift because he was "boring", but that dude might be my favorite wrestler of all time. At least right this second anyway, as "my favorite" seems to be in a constant state of flux depending on what the bulk of my pro wrestling watching consists of at the time.

I think Barry Horowitz was a better worker than Dean Malenko. 

7 hours ago, Brandon-E said:

I think Barry Horowitz was a better worker than Dean Malenko. 

If you are being legit, I would love to hear your reasons as to why. I have seen his stuff in Global, but I think only one match from Florida. I sometimes have a tough time picking up on just how good a lot of job guys are, because you didn't get to see a lot of ring time in one sitting from them.

Barry Horowitz was absolutely a better pro wrestler than Dean. He came into every match with clear purpose and worked towards that, usually with great success, always surprisingly effective at working towards the back row. Dean wrestled in a bubble. It’s not even close.

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Barry Horowitz was absolutely a better pro wrestler than Dean. He came into every match with clear purpose and worked towards that, usually with great success, always surprisingly effective at working towards the back row. Dean wrestled in a bubble. It’s not even close.

But who had the better theme?