DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

29 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Tonight just guarantees a game 5 in Philly I can either go to, or if the league fucks me with an 8pm start I sell the ticket I paid $11 for $100+ so I win either way. And I think Embiid will be back for game 3 so playtime is over.

Probably.

5lunmuw10es01.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jaylen Brown tonight was a man.  

Are we sure Jrue and Rondo aren't the best backcourt in these playoffs?  lol

Rondo was great last year too. You may recall the Bulls were kicking Boston's ass until he got hurt. I just thought then it was a combination of revenge motivation and knowing the playbook. Turns out, nope, Playoff Rondo is still a thing.

As for Jrue... Earning that big contract he got and I'm legit happy for him, after the way life tried to wreck him and his family not that long ago.

8 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I honestly feel bad for Bucks fans. Your team shoots 60% (ok, 59.7%) for the game, and still somehow lose by double digits.

Brad Stevens is a hell of a coach.

Team fell apart when Parker and Shabazz came on. And for a team full of physical freaks with long arms, the defence was atrocious. The team needs to be blown up outside of Giannis and Middleton. Brogdon is good but I don't know if he's a guy you can win a championship with. 

Series isn't over but it is perilously close. 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Team fell apart when Parker and Shabazz came on. And for a team full of physical freaks with long arms, the defence was atrocious. The team needs to be blown up outside of Giannis and Middleton. Brogdon is good but I don't know if he's a guy you can win a championship with. 

Series isn't over but it is perilously close. 

The only thing getting me through is that we should have a real coach next year.  Some disrespect meant to Joe Prunty.

Well, Game 2 sums up the Thunder this season...19-0 in the third quarter and all but destroying the Jazz.  So of course they fall apart and lose by 7.  

And yeah, this is turning into a fucked-up week for seemingly all-around good people.  I love Pop, and while I don't know Pop's wife, man, she has to be a sweetheart to be with him 40+ years.  

Harden has an atrocious offensive game and the Rockets win by 20. (Harden did great on D with 3 blocks and 3 steals)

CP3 and Gerald Greven lit it up and Minnesota gave up at some point in the third.

Minnesota is frustrating as hell to watch. I thought Thibs was supposed to be a great coach?

Minnesota is making it look more and more like Thibs is less a great coach than just a guy who happened to stumble upon one great idea once. He revolutionised NBA defense with that Celtics team, and stayed above the league for years in Chicago, but everyone runs a version of his defense now and teams know how to attack it.

Plus he doesn't have KG or Noah to anchor this defense, and Towns hasn't gotten there yet.

Also, if I'm Cleveland, tonight scares me more than game one did. Game one was a lifeless performance all around and could be written off as Oladipo having a great night.

But to only win by three when LeBron plays like THAT? At home in the first round? Yikes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unsurprisingly, Ettore Messina with coach the Spurs in game 3 after the passing of Pop's wife.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Minnesota is making it look more and more like Thibs is less a great coach than just a guy who happened to stumble upon one great idea once. He revolutionised NBA defense with that Celtics team, and stayed above the league for years in Chicago, but everyone runs a version of his defense now and teams know how to attack it.

Plus he doesn't have KG or Noah to anchor this defense, and Towns hasn't gotten there yet.

I've been on the "Thibs is a mediocre coach" bandwagon for years and been laughed at for it.  Dude is a great assistant coach but doesn't possess the team- or game-management skills to really excel.  He's basically Scott Skiles 2.0.

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Sam Hinkie really is a legend of our times. A great man.

The biggest mistake the Sabres made was hiring Tim Murray instead of him to oversee our "process".