DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

On 4/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Also, if I'm Cleveland, tonight scares me more than game one did. Game one was a lifeless performance all around and could be written off as Oladipo having a great night.

But to only win by three when LeBron plays like THAT? At home in the first round? Yikes.

Evergreen post

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Rockets dominate the third quarter and win going away again. Now we wait on Thunder / Jazz. Don’t know if the Thunder can do this again in Utah.

God, who fucking knows with the Thunder?  19-0 run in game 2?  Lose.  Down by 25 in Game 5?  Win easily.  I expect they will either blow a 30 point lead or come back to win in OT after a 10-0 run in the last minute of regulation.  Or both.

I think Pelicans/Rockets and Jazz/Warriors part II would've been more interesting and closer series. I say this as somebody who wouldn't be shocked if either favourite lost though. I hope Rubio's hammy is just sore and nothing more.

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Westbrook is the fraudiest fraud MVP ever. Paul George is probably already in Los Angeles. 

Your constant petty cheap shots at Russ really do you no favors. Be happy your team is in a good position instead of whining over the MVP award result of the previous season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Now we get the privilege of helping Philly to the conference finals. Whee. 

Hey, if you told me at the beginning of the year that Gordon Hayward would play less then SIX MINUTES FOR THE YEAR, Kyrie would miss a third of the year, and the Celtics would lose three more players to bad injuries at different parts of the year, I would have said "So where in the Top 5 are the Celtics picking?"

Philly's really good. They're favored in this series, and they should be. But Boston does have a chance.

And the rivalry will start now and last for years to come.

Cavs were outscored by 40 in their series with the Pacers but still won it. No team has done that in the modern history of the NBA playoffs (since 1984, which was when the playoffs expanded to 16 teams).  Prior record was 34 points when Portland beat Phoenix in 1990.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/there-is-absolutely-positively-no-way-lebron-can-keep-this-up/

• Like 1