DVDVR Message Board

So How's Your Day Going?

RIPPA

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, RIPPA said:

This is similar to Tom's old motto (which I somewhat agree with)

"If I don't know you, I just assume you are a Ganc sock puppet"

I know that Ganc was MUMM-RA and Remember CHUBB ROCK and I suspect he was also Barney Gorman.

I lost track of the other aliases.

I used to marvel at the speed and efficiency in which he switched in between accounts so that he could respond to his own posts.

Jesus, I had no idea so many of the board's famous assholes were just Ganc, although it makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

Seeing that dude's mind apparently come apart over the course of a few years was a hell of a thing to watch.

• Like 2

Speaking of assholes and twitter I came across Ripclawe on there harassing a lady about Gamergate several years after that was a thing.  So he's still pretty much the same.

This is a funny read today, since posting in the Upcoming Movies thread and reading the New Yorker article about the Poland stuff yesterday made me connect the subject of the article with a certain someone, just a little.

But some of us assholes learn our lessons. Kind of. Or we just steer clear of Twitter because, fun fact, that was what we named the cat when I was 4, and therefore I'm pathologically unable to interact with it, in a "We named the dog 'Indiana'" sense.

• Like 2

BTW - just to put a cherry on top.

In the least shocking news of the day

We have reviewed your report carefully and found that there was no violation of the Twitter Rules against abusive behavior

ie: Twitter endorses that behavior

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, he is apparently spiking the football on Twitter.  

Which is as good an indication as any that he's got a second account here. 

Has anyone ever seen Ganc and the Jersey Kid at the same time? Just sayin'...

Actually, it being the weekend, I imagine that Ganc is chillin' with Ann Coulter, smoking clove cigarettes and folding tiny paper cranes with American flag decals while watching his "Best of Snake Brown" comp.They are angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night... Or, then again, maybe not...

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, Zimbra said:

Speaking of assholes and twitter I came across Ripclawe on there harassing a lady about Gamergate several years after that was a thing.  So he's still pretty much the same.

So he refuted her statements with something that someone else said instead of using his own words.

• Haha 1

God, I have been posting at this board for too many years and have mostly avoided board drama, but this was worth the read for reminding me of random users of olden days.

Also, I never picked up on the genius of the FSW tweet, so that makes that one even greater now.