DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] April 11, 2018 TV Show

Brian Fowler

Sane and Evans tore it up! And Dozer remains one of my favorite weirdos in NXT. Stoked to see what War Raiders can do but I hope it's not totally at the expense of the teams that have been there for a while.

• Like 1

Kairi/Evans was a nice match. I do wonder why so many seem to rise a bit when Kairi drops the elbow. Does it somehow lesson the pin or can they not help but stare in wonder?

Heavy Machinery vs. Tino/Moss was getting fun before the War Raiders interference. Never saw a War Machine match, but I at least dug their debut here.

Dozer is like a cute 300 lb teddy bear thst could kill you if he felt like it. 

The reason why the crowds hate Tino is because he's the embodiment of what it means to have made it in life. He's hated out of jealousy. He's good looking, great body, can get any woman he wamts, made it as a professional football player, has money, a fast car, etc. 

Elias was hated because... he was kinda boring in the ring.

Elias in NXT was deliberately boring. He did nothing flashy or exciting that would pop a crowd. His offense was well-executed but simple. His promos didn't have any catchphrases. He was a successful experiment in getting heat in the modern era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Elias in NXT was deliberately boring. He did nothing flashy or exciting that would pop a crowd. His offense was well-executed but simple. His promos didn't have any catchphrases. He was a successful experiment in getting heat in the modern era.

I agree 100%, but I remember seeing comments (don’t recall if it was on here or Twitter) that he sucked and shouldn’t be on TV.

24 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

You are giving him a little too much credit. He was like that before he became Elias.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:34 PM, JonnyLaw said:

I agree 100%, but I remember seeing comments (don’t recall if it was on here or Twitter) that he sucked and shouldn’t be on TV.

The hate was widespread and everywhere.

Along the way (and it was quick too, like... 3 appearance), something clicked and Elias/bookers/spirit-of-Dusty started playing the meta game with it. Shit like this (you know, adjusting to the reality of the crowd) is what you want them to do and should be encouraged.

They should be  commended more on their fantastic adjustments when they do them. (Something I wish they would do more with others... Ember Moon to name one... actually, Liv needed a change more).

Emma is another fantastic example. I think Itami was going to be another good example too... but the second injury really fucked it up (followed by the call up). Of course, Almas is the current obvious example.

I know it's a minor change but War Raiders...meh. Still I greatly look forward to Hanson and Dozer in a hoss fight. Oh yeah Rowe and Knight will be involved as well.

I know NXT doesn't need another stable, but I kinda want to see Moss/Sabbatelli team up with EC3. Seems like a perfect fit. 

• Like 2

Pre-retirement Corey Graves was also as great "guy who gave the audience nothing" heel. People were just starting to catch on that he was being a really great heel and getting heat in an old-fashioned manner. Same with Elias. It was like someone sat them down. And said "Do you want to play a heel or so you want to get actual heat?"

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to [NXT] April 11, 2018 TV Show