DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Thought I saw something yesterday saying that the Sixers felt Colangelo was not the one behind the burner accounts, but now Woj is saying the Sixers and Colangelo "mutually agreed to part ways".

3 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Thought I saw something yesterday saying that the Sixers felt Colangelo was not the one behind the burner accounts, but now Woj is saying the Sixers and Colangelo "mutually agreed to part ways".

They agree that the accounts were his wife's, and I believe she admitted as much.

Brett Brown will be handling basketball ops until they hire someone new.

The timing of it was curious. Seemed like they wanted to keep him, see if it managed to die down behind the NBA Finals, and if the team would accept reasons why it happened (possibly even if the Cavs could get back into it as a real conspiracy theory stretch). Strange to part ways such a time after the incident came to light.

Earlier this week Gary Payton was interviewed and disclosed he'd just found out that LeBron's kid had enrolled in Sierra Canyon School near LA.   So he's definitely going to the Lakers.  

Except when asked, the school said this was news to them.  

Also, Luke Ridenour said on ESPN radio that Lebron hates Houston.  So he's definitely not signing there.   

This is going to be a long off-season. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Except when asked, the school said this was news to them.  

I just heard this on the High Noon podcast. I mean what would the school say? Ah yeah, he is definitely enrolled and going to play with Kenyon Martin's son (KJ) and Scottie Pippen Jr.

If you're a school in Los Angeles, you don't want media peeping around or any type of unnecessary drama. 

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I just heard this on the High Noon podcast. I mean what would the school say? Ah yeah, he is definitely enrolled and going to play with Kenyon Martin's son (KJ) and Scottie Pippen Jr.

If you're a school in Los Angeles, you don't want media peeping around or any type of unnecessary drama. 

And since its a private school there could be some legal reasons the school cant confirm the report.

• Like 2