DVDVR Message Board

2018 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Towns is great and is 1000% the person to build around.  The fact that Towns wouldn't sign the extension til the news broke that Butler wanted out is a bad sign that this really can't work out.

The Wiggins contract was one of the worst contracts in sports the very moment they signed him.  I'm like 90% sure that deal was over Thibs head.  No way he planned on paying Wiggins over Butler.  Ownership turned that Butler trade into a rental the moment Wiggins signed. 

But here we are one year later.  Butler is still the teams best player and Towns still doesn't have the defensive instincts he absolutely needs to have for them to win anything. It's not even an effort problem with a Towns.  He just bites on every single pump fake, over helps when he shouldn't and underhelps when he should.

With Wiggins, it's clearly an effort problem. No one that physically gifted should be that horrible defensively. I do think his athleticism is overstated a bit though.  He is vertically athletic, but I don't think he is particularly quick. 

Butler is clearly a hard personality to play with, but, it's worth noting that in both this situation and the one if Chicago.... he was right about his teammates.

I really hope they work a deal out with Houston so Butler can play with some like-minded individuals.  That's the most interesting scenario when it comes to anyone beating the Warriors.

Butler and CP3 feels like a match made in competitive heaven. 

I totally get whey they won't throw PJ Tucker in the rumored Gordon for Butler deal though. As weird as it is, you need that guy if you want to challenge GS.

Reportedly Richardson, Waiters and an first were a done deal for Butler, then Thibs called Riley back to ask for more picks.

Allegedly Pat responded by calling him a motherfucker and hanging up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I read something that said it was worse than that. Thibs wanted Miami to take Dieng's contract. 

From what I read, that scuttled the first set of talks, then they bore down to get a deal done that would only send Butler to Miami. They got as far as sending medical reports, which in the NBA means the deal is done unless you find something in those reports. Then... Thibs.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

From what I read, that scuttled the first set of talks, then they bore down to get a deal done that would only send Butler to Miami. They got as far as sending medical reports, which in the NBA means the deal is done unless you find something in those reports. Then... Thibs.

I'm going to laugh and laugh when this is revisited sometime around the new year and Butler is traded straight up for Dion Waiters because Thibs is a moron. 

4 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Thibs is going to wait so long and kill the trade value so much that we're going to end up with Jimmy Butler: Golden State Warrior.

I'm excited to hear Wolves fans talk about how Patrick McCaw is "really the kind of guy you can build around"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I'm excited to hear Wolves fans talk about how Patrick McCaw is "really the kind of guy you can build around"

"McCaw and Wiggins are just conserving energy on defense.  It's normal.  Find a new slant."

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Giannis has 20/8/6 in the first half on 8/8 shooting.

Sorry, rest of the NBA, but y'all are fucked.

I absolutely love what Milwaukee did this off-season (well except that they are a division rival)

A veteran coach who always overachieved his roster and will force a much faster pace,  a big man that can hit the three and open up the floor for Giannis... That's smart team building.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:15 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I absolutely love what Milwaukee did this off-season (well except that they are a division rival)

A veteran coach who always overachieved his roster and will force a much faster pace,  a big man that can hit the three and open up the floor for Giannis... That's smart team building.

I've got pretty mixed feelings about it.  Coach Bud and Lopez were both really great moves, but I think they whiffed on the draft and they're going  to regret the Ilyasova contract.  And while letting Jabari walk was probably the right move I definitely feel some kinda way about how that whole situation went down.  But if Giannis is going to go all Breaker of Worlds this year the mistakes might not matter too much.

Richard Jefferson announced his retirement.  I was sure he had already retired after winning a ring with Cleveland.

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic